I have finally decided to start a blog. I've been having too much trouble trying to keep in touch with everyone and thought that maybe it is time for me to start my own blog. So here is my first entry. My first picture is of my wonderful cat, Winston. When he first discovered the comfortable blanket in the cubyhole he let me wander all around the house calling him and looking for him and never made a sound. He always comes when I call him but I think that this time he must have been playing hide and seek. Well, it took me awhile but eventually I found him. Now I'm on to him and he will have to look for a better spote in the future. 
The next picture is of my adorable little nephew, Evan. This is when he was still in the hospital. He was jaundiced so he had to stay under the lights wearing his cool shades and thong. Pretty cute isn't he? I'm sure that there will frequently be pictures of him on my blog.
Next are two of my good friends, Kelly and Michelle. I was able to go back to Alberta at the end of March for a quick visit and this is a picture of them at the airport when they dropped me off.
And my last entry of the day is of Sara, Amy and I and Sierra's foot. The middle horse that Amy and Sierra are riding is Silky. She belongs to Sara's mom. I am riding Seven, one of Sara's horses. Sara is riding John's horse, Copper Topper (I think that's what they call it). I think that this picture was taken in fall of 2005. Amy was in Calgary for work so we were able to spend some time with her while she was there. We've been really fortunate that Amy sometimes has to go to Alberta for work as we get to see her much more often than we normally would.Well that's it for tonight I have to be at work at 6:30 tomorrow morning for a 12 hour shift and I need my sleep.

6 Comments:
Great idea, Kristy! Winston is just so cute. And I love the picture of us on the horses...I was wondering how that turned out!
I did get your email but obviously haven't responded yet. I will though!
Hope you enjoy blogging.
Hey Kristy, this is awesome, besides myself...Sierra will enjoy it immensely! Thanks for starting one! I am celebrating my b-day today as we have group tomorrow night, then John and I are away for the weekend at a B&B in Okotoks. Pray for us :) Those shelves look way better then they used to, is that by your hand? Where is the bed? Take care, we love you and thanks for visiting us, it was a bit boring for you as you had to fit into our schedule, but you were very gracious! Talk to you soon.
sara (I haven't shown Sierra yet, but she'll say hi to you when she does for sure)
Never mind, i see the bed now ;)
Hey Kristy,
Great idea! That's a grand picture of you, by the way. I've always wondered what this *blogging* thing is anyway...
ok, that's pretty cool...I just checked and then came back to your blog and there were more photos up!
Good for you and the running! You'll have no problem with 10k if you can do 8 k by yourself and no race rush! I went to the gym this morning and did some lunges, so I'll be feeling your pain tomorrow, no doubt.
I go to the gym pretty regularly now, and have a gym buddy, Tiana. She's actually my honey's sister in law, so I guess she'll be my sis-in-law after August. She's also one of my bridesmaids, as well as the PhD student in the lab I volunteered in this year. Unfortunately, she's also my TA in one of my classes this term, which we didn't know when she found out she was TA-ing and when I found out I got off the waitlist for that class. She only pre-marks assignments and exams for the prof, so its not like she could really influence my mark anyway, but it doesn't sound too good, so we've tried to hide all the personal relationship stuff. We work out almost every morning at the school gym though, so its been lucky that only a few people have realized that we know each other outside of class.
Its been good going to the gym pretty constantly this year---I had to take almost 3 months off when I was in a cast and recovering, but before that and after that, I've tried to minimize the muscle loss from surgery.
I go in next friday to finish the process, I hope. They put a pin in back in September, to hold the bone together, but it was sticking out a wee bit and interfering with the tendon, so I'm getting it yanked next week. It'll be nice to see if that helps things heal faster.
Hey, what kind of car do you drive now? I hope its a bit better on gas than your blue one was, cuz gas is so expensive now! It just hit 103.9/L in Edmonton yesterday...
Amy,
I will have to send you a copy of my pictures. My dad just got a CD burner on his computer so I'm just learning how to use it. I'll try to send you a CD with some pics on it.
Sara,
I did organize the shelves. When I wasn't working I was trying to do a lot of organizing here. But I think that it ended up being more work for my dad than for me. But I'm happy, things look at least a bit better and more organized.
I enjoyed myself at your place last month. Not much can be done when you are only given a few hours notice that someone is coming to visit. I was thinking that I would have liked to spend more time with you but I still really enjoyed my time there. It was great getting to know Ethan a bit better. He really is cute and sweet. It surprises me how affectionate and lovey he is and how much he enjoys just being around people. And of course as you know I love spending time with Sierra too.
I hope that your weekend away goes well. Keep me updated on how you guys are doing.
Chris,
I'm driving a 89 toyota now. It's a bit better on gas but not a huge difference.
Post a Comment
<< Home