Well, I was going to put a bunch of new pictures on tonight. Sara has requested, for Sierra, that I put some pictures of me on the site. I was trying to add some but for some reason they did not show up and now it won't let me try again. So, you will have to wait until tomorrow, if I have time. I thought that I was doing so well figuring out how to do this but apparently not. Oh well. Maybe after I post these comments it will let me try again.
I worked my first 12hr shift at Scott Paper today. It went pretty well. My legs get really tired from standing so much though. I have another 12hr shift tomorrow and then I don't work again until Sunday when I start off my week of graveyards with another 12hr shift. I'm not really looking forward to next week. The other shifts should all be 8hr ones though so that's good. I'm just glad to be making money.
I am supposed to be training for the Sun Run (10km race) that is on April 23. But I haven't been doing a very good job of it. On Monday I started to worry because my longest run had been about 40 minutes with 1 minute walk breaks every 10 minutes. And I had only done one run that long. I also had not done any hill work. I knew that I would be working more this week and wouldn't have much spare time so after work and riding on Monday I went for a run. I ran about 8km with lots of hills. I sure wish that I had been smarter and more motivated and had worked up to it a little more. I can hardly walk down stairs right now and even walking on flat ground doesn't feel normal. It's like my legs don't bend properly anymore because the muscles are so sore. But at least I know that I can run 8km now. Only 2 more to work up to in 1 1/2 weeks. I don't think that I'll be breaking any records at this run. I will be just be happy to complete it. Hopefully my legs will recover from their current condition soon so that I can torture them some more in my attempt to be ready by the 23rd. I also have my first slow pitch game that day. I hope that I get afternoon shifts the next week. I'm probably going to want to sleep in the next morning.

1 Comments:
hey Kristy
Great job! Can't wait to see some pics of you and your horse "Brigadier?"
Post a Comment
<< Home