Evan
I thought that I'd better put up some pictures of Evan for those of you that don't check out Erin and Brian's blog. Isn't he cute!! He is about 3 1/2 months old now.I think that I'm going to have a busy week this week. I'm working 48 hrs. I'm also housesitting in Maple Ridge starting Thursday. So, I will be spending more time driving too. Normally when I work 12 hr shifts I don't go out to Maple Ridge to see Brig because I don't have much time. I have to find time to ride Brig this week as well as the other horse that I'm training. I want to get Brig cleaned up a bit this week too so that I can take some pictures and video of him. At least I have most of the day on Wednesday before I go in for my night shift and then I will have Friday and the weekend. So, it might not be too bad. Brig will just get a couple of extra days off.
I feel like this is and ADD blog posting as there is no real topic, although that's not unusual for me. But I want to recommend two books that I've been reading. The first one I've already mentioned to a couple people but it really is quite good. It is called 'Can You Hear Me?' by Brad Jersak. It is about learning how to hear God's voice. I would go into more detail but I really need to go sleep instead. If you want to know more send me an e-mail and ask. The other book is called 'When the Body Says No' by Gabor Mate. It is about how stress affects us and our bodies. But it is not just the stress that we normally recognize that he talks about but other hidden stress. He talks a lot about different personality types and illnesses that are related to them. The back of the book says: people can experience chronic stress with no awareness of its presence and, therefore, no ability to control it. It really is a very good book. Sara, I think that you especially would enjoy it and I think that your dad would enjoy the other one.

2 Comments:
Can I borrow "can you hear me" when you are finished with it??? BTW I was very pleased to see my son when I checked your blog tonight...I'm so proud of my little angel.
Yes you can borrow "Can You Hear Me?". I think that we are doing one more week in the book (one chapter) for my bible study. But since I've missed the last several bible studies due to work I am kind of behind. I'm going to try to catch up this week though so I should be done fairly soon.
Post a Comment
<< Home