Monday, June 05, 2006

Goodbye Pontiac

Well I finally got rid of the Pontiac! I had been calling around to some auto wreckers as well as places to donate it. The most that an auto wrecker would give me was maybe $50-100. Most of them told me $20 though. The places that I called about donating it told me that they would give me a tax receipt for $50. I called my church because I remembered hearing something in the past about a car ministry. They take donated cars and fix them up at their own expense and then they give them to someone who needs one. They will give me a tax receipt for the amount that they decide the car is worth. He estimated $300-500. So that is where the car went today. I am glad to be rid of it even though I didn't get any cash for it. Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

At 2006-06-05, 10:09 p.m., Blogger Team McCropp said...

Congratulations Kristy! I know you will be sad but it is for the best. At least it went to a good cause.

 
At 2006-06-06, 7:22 p.m., Blogger Amy said...

Good for you, Kristy! Great idea. I'm sure it will be happy with its new owner.
A.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home