Friday, June 30, 2006

A Rose Between Two Umm... Trees

This picture is the view out of the second story living room window here. It looks like a lot of trees right? But what do you think that red thing is at the lower mid-right part of the picture? Any guesses?

It's a rose. Of course if you read the title you should have found it pretty easy to guess. There are lots of rose bushes planted around the house here but this one has grown so tall it reaches up to the second story window! I didn't know that was possible. I guess because it's planted in between two trees it must need to grow tall to get the sunlight. It's kind of neat to look outside and see it. Very unexpected the first time I noticed it.

It looks like I am going to start taking lessons on Brig. There is a good instructor in Langley that comes over to Maple Ridge regularly to teach lessons. I talked to her a couple days ago and I think that I will be getting my first lesson with her on July 5. I'm really looking forward to it since I could really use some help with Brig right now. I'm sure that she will have lots to teach me. I am also going to look at a place today and talk to a lady about possibly moving Brig sometime in the near future. I really need a larger ring and if I stick around for the winter I will need a covered arena to ride in. The place is a little bit closer to where I live too. It will probably cut close to 10 minutes off my drive. Hopefully the board is reasonable and I find the place to be suitable for my needs right now. Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

At 2006-06-30, 11:16 a.m., Blogger Amy said...

That rose is fantastic! What a great thing to see. I love roses.

I think Brig doesn't want you to sell him and that's why he's being bad (since he knows you won't sell him if he's unsuitable for another rider). He's just so cute! You should keep him. At any rate, I think it's a good idea that you're getting lessons. It never hurts to get a second set of eyes to see what the problem might be, right?

Thanks for your comment on my blog. I was wondering if my comment was a bit too harsh, so I'm glad you think it was ok.
Have a great long weekend!
A.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home