Friday, July 28, 2006

Full of energy


Video Hosting - Upload Video - Photo Sharing
">Video Hosting - Upload Video - Photo Sharing
" border="0" alt="" />

All of Brig's resting yesterday must have paid off because today he was full of energy. He was playing with the horse next to him while I cleaned his stall, as you can see in the video. Then when I went to clean his paddock he was running around it and bucking. I'm glad that he stopped while I was in there with him. Brig got two front shoes put on today. He was still full of energy while getting his feet done. He got a few smacks from the farrier and his assistant, but they were well deserved and they seemed to help make Brig behave better. One smack was for biting the farrier. I try to keep Brig's head up and away from the farrier while he's working on his feet but today Brig was just too quick for me. He whipped his head away from me and nipped the farrier on the back. It was so fast that I didn't even know that he had got him until the farrier whacked him on the chest and yelled at him. He didn't try it again after that. I don't know why he's always such a brat for the farrier. He usually stands nice and calm while I work with him but once the farrier shows up he wants to play with things and look around at things and bite anything that he can reach. Luckily he's not mean or vicious about it, just kind of playful and annoying. After Brig got his feet done I turned him out in the field where the rest of the horses had just been moved and he galloped away and ran around bucking and trying to get the rest of the horses going. I'm glad he's having so much fun with the other horses now.

1 Comments:

At 2006-07-28, 1:43 p.m., Blogger Team McCropp said...

Well, that's reassuring. After seeing yesterday's pics I was wondering if he was ok!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home