Saturday, July 01, 2006

Isn't he cute!

I have been letting Winston go outside a lot lately. The yard is completely fenced so as long as I keep an eye on him he stays in. He loves it. So much so that when I'm working night shifts and have to sleep during the day he comes into my room and wakes me up to tell me that it's a beautiful day and he wants to go outside (actually he only did that one day). Today I let him out there for a couple hours. He spends a lot of time wandering around and eating grass but mostly he finds a shady place to lie down and just looks around. Once he got up the energy to climb the tree. I had to stage the picture below because he wouldn't do it again. He loves it when the neighboor cats are outside. He meows at them and tries to convince them to come visit him but mostly they ignore him. I like it when they are out though because then I don't have to worry about him trying to escape and I am able to go inside and get things done. One of the cats next door will lie down near the fence so then Winston lies across from her in the shade on the other side. I managed to tidy my room and put away all my laundry today while they were out there. He did escape from the yard three times today but all three times I found him at the front door. Once when I had been particularly negligent I found him sitting on the ledge at the front door. I think he must have been there for a while. I'm sure glad he doesn't go any farther than that (at least so far).

 Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

At 2006-07-03, 9:31 a.m., Blogger Amy said...

Winston is the cutest cat ever. I can hardly believe it. Great photos!
A.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home