Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Alberta Bound

On Saturday I am going to Alberta for a week. I have two friends that are getting married next week. On of the weddings is on Sunday and the other on Friday. Excellent timing for me to be able to go to both. I thought that there might be a bit of a problem though since one is in Calgary and the other in Edmonton plus I wanted to spend some time in Red Deer and I am flying there so wouldn't have a car. But my friend Sara has come through for me again as she always seems to. Sara will be in California at a conference for part of the week so she has agreed to loan me the use of her van. I don't think that things could have worked out better.
I am really looking forward to this trip. It will be great to see Amanda and Patrick and Chris (Christina) and Geoff (pictured above) get married. I am also looking forward to seeing everyone else. I don't think that I'm going to have time to see everyone that I was hoping to but I'm going to fit most people into my week. I think that Michelle and I will be going camping for a couple days. Hopefully the weather will be nice and hot.
It's been tough trying to get everything done this week and preparing to go. Between work, riding and taking care of Brig, finding something to wear to the weddings, packing, buying cat and horse food to last the week, and all the million other little things that I need to do it seems like I hardly have a minute to sit down. Obviously I do though since I've taken the time to blog.
I am paying a young girl to take care of Brig for me while I'm gone. Hopefully he will be good and won't cause any trouble next week. She is only cleaning his stall and paddock, feeding him and possibly bringing him inside at night for me so it should be fine. But I am concerned about Brig in the field with the other horses. They had to bring him in early on Sunday because he was beating up on some of the other horses in the field that day. He was mounting one of the horses and he kicked at least two others. I was so happy that he was doing so well. But if he becomes too much of a problem I guess he'll just have to be by himself again. Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

At 2006-08-11, 6:14 p.m., Blogger Amy said...

Have fun Kristy! Wish I could meet you in Alberta! You and Sara will have to take another trip to Ontario one of these days.
Safe trip.
A.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home