Fall #3 - I'm a lucky girl!
Well, the number continues to climb. After all those weeks of Brig spooking and bucking and bolting I kept expecting to fall off and was surprised that it never happened. Well, now that he's behaving much better it happened. It was because he spooked though so he was being bad. I was riding around and could tell that he was thinking about spooking. I started making him move forward more and I bent his head around to my knee so that he couldn't bolt or buck. I decided to bend him to the outside (right) for a while and was starting to do this when he spooked. He tried to run to the left but since I had his head to the right it made it difficult for him and he couldn't keep his balance. So he fell. Luckily I was thrown forward a bit and landed in front of his shoulders. I tried to scramble away but my legs were tangled with his body and I couldn't get them free. When he fell he landed on his left side but the momentum of his fall was enought that he ended up flipping right over and ended up on his right side before he scrambled to get up. The whole time all that I could think of was how to get away from the huge flailing body that might soon crush my legs. I really am amazed that I am not hurt at all. I think that I may have a couple of bruises and there's always the chance that I might end up a bit stiff but I feel pretty good right now. When the horse falls you don't get the same impact with the ground as you do when you are the only one that falls. Brig and I both got up pretty quick and I brushed both of us off. He is very good that he never tries to go anywhere once the rider is off. He just stands still and waits. He did look a little unsure of himself today though. I got back on him and had to ride him pretty hard. He was still trying to spook almost the whole ride. But I kind of like that we have days like today because it only means that he is learning yet again what is acceptable and what is not. He understood last time but was probably just wanting to test me again. And I think that I won the battle again today. I'm sure that there will be more though. It just keeps things interesting, fun and challenging.

1 Comments:
I am thankful that all the praying I do for you around that horse is working. My heart still flips when I picture what happened.
Post a Comment
<< Home