Horse Stuff
I was just looking at the Canadian Warmblood website to see if I could post a sale ad for Brig on the site and if it is free for members or if it costs money. And what did I see when I got to the page? The sample picture is a picture of me riding one of the horses that I started under saddle while I was working for the Bresee's. I'm sure that there are hundreds, possibly over a thousand or more pictures that they could have chosen from and used but yet they used that one. Weird. It sure surprised me. At first I thought that maybe I'd pressed the wrong button and actually gone to the Bresee's sale horses (even though that horse is sold). It made me happy though to see the picture because I loved that horse. I wanted to buy her. Here is the link if you want to see. She was such a fun horse and really easy to start. Although I did fall off of her the first time I tried to canter. I was sore for a couple of weeks afterwards.
I sometimes wonder how many pictures and videos are out there of me riding. I haven't even seen most of the sale videos or pictures but yet I have had many taken. Seeing that one tonight just made me think that there are probably many more on the web and elsewhere.
When I got back from my vacation I was quite relaxed and was trying to hang onto the feeling of having no real responsibilities. But it didn't last long. I went to the barn to take care of Brig. Within seconds of walking in I was told that my horse was really, really bad while I was gone. If I thought that people were scared of him before it is even more true now. I guess he was horrible for everyone when they would try to bring him in or turn him out. He was bolting and running them over and rearing. Of course when I handled him he was fine every time. I kept looking for opportunities to get him riled up so that I could then bring him in or put him out but he was still good. But the third day he finally bolted past me as I was bringing him in. It still wasn't a big deal though. He didn't touch me and I don't think that he even pulled on the leadrope. He just wasn't paying attention to me and was acting stupid. So I took him back and worked with him only to realize that he was acting scared of the back of him paddock. So I worked on that a bit and took him inside. I still don't see what the big deal is but apparently he's been a bit better lately. There were a couple of days where they left him in a few extra hours because they couldn't get him out safely. They also cut him off of his grain while I was gone so he wouldn't have so much energy. Oh well. I'll be around for a while now. Brig also managed to remove his own blanket three times the first week that I was back. The third time he ripped it enough that it is unusable now. So he has no blanket. I don't really care that much. I'm going to attempt to get him a new one next weekend if I can but it's warm here. It'd be nice to have some rain protection for him though, which is why I'm going to try and find a cheap rainsheet. Most of the time that it rains the horses stay inside anyway. One day they turned out everyone except Brig because it was raining and he didn't have a blanket. What do they think will happen to him if he gets wet? He's not going to melt and he's not a wimp. The horses are only outside for about 6 or 8 hours anyway. The last three or four days it's really been raining a lot and all the horses have stayed in but I always put Brig out for a half hour to an hour. I figure he needs the fresh air and change in scenery.
I think that it has now rained 21 of the past 24 days! A couple of days ago on the news they said that we've only had 43 hours of sun this month. Everything is just a big puddle at the barn right now. The puddles are so deep now that I have to wear my taller rubber boots instead of just my ankle height ones. Apparently it's supposed to be better tomorrow and Monday. Tomorrow will be nice but Monday I'm working a double shift (16hrs) so it won't make much difference to me then. It will be nice for everything to dry up a bit though.
Next weekend I'm taking Brig to a horse show. I haven't actually entered the show. I was going to but since I've only ridden a handful of times in the past three months I thought that maybe I would just take him for the experience and not make fools out of both of us. So we will go and Brig will stay overnight and I will have a chance to work with him for two days at another place. I might just longe him or if I'm feeling confident I will ride him around a bit. Either way I think that it will be a good experience for him. It will also give me a chance to see how he acts. I really should show him a bit this year but I don't want to spend a whole bunch of money on shows only to find out that he's such a freak that I can't ride him. I think that he'll be fine though.

3 Comments:
That's so cool that your picture is on that site! She certainly looks like a nice horse.
Hey, you should join facebook! I sent you an invite. It takes a while to figure everything out, but once you do, it's so much fun!!
Cool Kristy, it's like you're a celebrity! Hey I sent you an invite for facebook too... it's the new thing.
You should get paid for advertising. you look great.
Post a Comment
<< Home