Our room and Fort Lauderdale

This was our room. Not huge but still a nice little space of our own. The bathroom and especially the shower were tiny. I was standing in the hallway to take this top picture. The door on the left is the bathroom.
After Jamaica we had an 'At Sea' day. I spent most of the day lying in the sun and reading. It was really nice and relaxing. I would really have liked to find a place near the pool though so that I could cool off every now and then but the pool area was packed and every single lounge chair was in use.


After we got off the ship on the last day we had a long wait until we had to be at the airport. So, Michelle, Lynette and I took a taxi to Fort Lauderdale beach. We had to drag our luggage around with us which was kind of annoying. We got some lunch and then took turns sitting with the luggage or walking around and looking at the shops. For some reason that I still don't understand, by feet started to swell during this time. We eventually headed to the airport but we were still a few hours early. It worked out well for me as they ended up putting me on standby for an earlier flight. That meant that instead of 1hr to switch flights in Houston I would have 4hrs. It turned out that I would have been just fine with 1hr anyway though as the airport was pretty easy to get around in. By the time I got to Houston my feet were really swollen and then when I arrived in Vancouver I thought that they would explode through my skin they were so swollen. It was horribly painful. Walking and standing both hurt but the worst was using stairs. It was embarrassing too because if someone were to look at my feet and legs they would probably assume that I weighed about 300lbs. They were huge and ugly. It took two days for them to return to normal and that was with me icing them and keeping them elevated. I sure hope that never happens again. All my life I have wished that my legs were skinnier and more shapely but now I don't really feel that I can complain. When my legs and feet went back to normal all that I could think about was how skinny and nice they looked. I've never thought that about my legs or ankles before.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home