Sunday, August 20, 2006

Alberta


I got back last night from 8 wonderful days in Alberta. I think that this trip was one of the best holidays that I've ever had. I arrived in Calgary on Saturday. Sara, Sierra and Ethan picked me up from the airport in the morning. Sierra gave me a huge hug when I arrived. It took Ethan about 5 or 10 minutes before he would give me one. They are both really good huggers. Saturday was a busy day at Sara and John's house. They were having a reception for Sara brother, Peter and his new wife, Kate. Sara and John's place is great for pretty much any kind of get together. The house is large and open and their yard is great for both adults and children. As you can see everyone was having a good time. The girls were all dressed in their flower girl dresses again. They looked very pretty. I don't think that the dresses stayed very clean though with all the riding and playing that the kids were doing.

These are pictures of my roommates while I was at Sara's. I stayed in Sierra's room with her as well as two snakes and two cockatiels. I had no problem sleeping near two snakes but the birds were a bit annoying. Early every morning they would start making noise that would wake me up. The first morning was the worst. The next two mornings I was able to fall back into a decent sleep while they were making noise. As you can see I held both of Sara's snakes. I was pretty nervous at first but by the end I actually was kind of enjoying holding the orange one. I can't remember what kind of snakes they are.




On Sunday I went to Amanda and Patrick's wedding. It was really nice. They both looked really happy, of course. I had a good time at the wedding. I had been a bit concerned that I might not know anyone there but there were a couple of people that I knew from college. It was good to catch up with them again. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home