Monday, August 28, 2006

Ball Tournament

I spent most of this weekend playing in a ball tournament. We played two games on Saturday and three on Sunday. It was a lot of fun. I think that I need to play that much ball every weekend if I'm ever going to be good at it. I think that I did improve this summer though. Maybe next year I will make sure that I practice a bit in between games. I've got a couple of bruised shins from yesterdays game. I wasn't paying enough attention and realized a bit late that the ball was going to come to me at home plate. I got to the plate in time to catch the ball but only managed to stop it with my shins instead of my glove. I was surprised at how concerned everyone was about whether I was okay or not. I've stopped tonnes of balls with my legs in ball hockey and I can't say that the pain was any worse yesterday than in ball hockey. It was no big deal to me but everyone else seemed to think that I must be pretty tough. Maybe it looked worse than it really was. Erin and Evan came out on Sunday to watch one of our games. It was really nice having them there. Our team ended up winning the tournament. I'm kind of sad that ball is over now. I really did enjoy playing. But drop-in soccer and volleyball are starting next week. It is at a really bad time for me with all of my shifts at work but I think that I'll try to go on the weeks that I work the day shift. I can handle being short on sleep for one night of the week. Of course it is rare that I'm actually on day shifts so I may never end up going but I plan to try.
I will be helping with Sunday School again starting in two weeks. I was hoping that they would put me with the younger kids this time but I'm with the grade 4 and 5s again. I don't mind being with them I'm just more comfortable around the younger kids because I've spent more time around young kids. I guess working with the older ones will just help me to be more comfortable with them too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home