Well, my birthday went well on Monday. It was very uneventful. It's kind of funny because once the day arrives I actually enjoy getting e-mails and messages from people. I think because I always enjoy hearing from my friends and family. So, thank you to everyone who called and e-mailed to wish me a happy birthday. Tonight I'm meeting my mom, Auntie Bev, Grandma F, Erin and Evan for supper.
I got some bad news yesterday. Early in the day I received an e-mail that one of the guys that I played ball with this summer was in ICU at RCH. It said that he wasn't gettting enough blood to his heart. When I checked my e-mail before bed there was an e-mail saying that he had passed away earlier in the evening. He had a punctured bowel and they weren't able to do surgery. Obviously I found this quite upsetting. I didn't know Daniel very well but I had talked to him a bit over the summer. When I got the first e-mail I didn't actually believe that he could die. People that young don't just die. He was only 19 years old. So, the second e-mail was quite a shock. It's hard to understand why that would happen. Part of me thinks that it's just not right and not fair but then another part of me thinks that he really is in a better place right now. So, for his sake I am glad but I feel awful for his family right now and I can't even imagine what they must be going through.
It seems strange now to just jump to another topic but I really don't how else to do it. Someone is coming to try Brig out today. My riding instructor brought someone with her to my last riding lesson. She didn't tell me who she was or why she was there but I did wonder if maybe she was looking for a horse. Apparently I was right. She wants to come ride him today. I hope that he's good. Although as everyone knows by now I won't be upset if no one buys him. I like him too much to be upset if I have to keep him.

3 Comments:
I'm really sorry to hear about your co-worker Kristy. It must have been difficult for you to totally enjoy your evening out with this in the back of your mind. One more reason to remember that life is short and precious.
Glad you managed to have a good day! I hope you ate lots of cake.
So sorry to hear about your friend. Young deaths are certainly shocking, aren't they?
What did your potential buyer think of Brig? The pictures of you riding him are so nice - I can't imagine you selling him!
A.
Helloooooo Kristy, where are you my faithful blogging friend? Don't become like me. Blog!! Miss ya, hope to see you sooner rather than later. What's up?!
Love,
Sara and Sierra
Post a Comment
<< Home