Saturday, September 30, 2006

Wenatchee


Last weekend Erin, Brian, Evan and I drove down to Wenatchee, WA to visit our cousins. The picture above is a great example of how well behaved Evan was the whole time. He was excellent considering that he had to spend a lot of time strapped into his carseat with little to do.
I had a good time in Wenatchee. We arrived late Friday night after a fairly uneventful drive. We did spend about an hour in a Subway waiting in line though. They only had one girl working and she wasn't very fast. By the time we realized how long it was going to take we had already been in line for a while so it seemed silly to me to leave. There were also flies flying around and landing on the food as she was making it. I've lived in some interesting places in the past so I'm not totally unused to seeing flies around my food. It's not something that I enjoy but it's also not a big deal to me. But I don't think that Erin liked it too much.
Saturday morning my Aunt Loraine, Uncle Steve and cousin Tami (with her baby, Raife) came to visit us at Lance and Ann's. Lance and Ann made a delicious brunch for everyone. After they left the rest of us walked to some nearby stores and did some shopping.
On Sunday we went to church and then started for home. Our trip home took a little longer than expected due to the border closures. There was a dangerous fugitive that was believed to be heading towards Canada. The border guards walked off the job because they felt that they could be in danger. So we drove a ways out of our way and took a different crossing where the wait was only about 30 minutes. I thought that it was a fun adventure.


Here is a picture of Erin, Brian and Evan in Leavenworth. We stopped in Leavenworth on our way back home. Leavenworth is a neat town. It would be nice to visit it again on a day when it is less busy and there are not so many people around. The shops were really crowded.

Posted by Picasa
Here are Evan and his cousin (actually Erin and my cousin's son) Raife. When I saw them together I didn't really see a whole lot of resemblence but looking at the pictures now I think that they actually do have some similarities.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home