Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Babysitting


Well this is how Evan was looking shortly after Erin and Brian left. Not laughing and smiling but not upset either. But that didn't last long. Soon he started to get a little fussy. I'm sure that he knew that Erin and Brian were gone. He should have known since I told him and I took him to the window to wave goodbye as they left. I told him they wouldn't be gone long but I don't think that that is what he wanted to hear. When he started to fuss while I was trying to play with him I picked him up and carried him around and tried to keep him from crying. It didn't work. He started to cry. I tried getting out some new toys, giving him his soother, turning on the music in his room, putting him in his crib, feeding him... Nothing would work for more than a couple of seconds. I called Erin and let her know how things were going. We agreed that she would call back in 5 minutes to see if he had still not settled down. I decided to try the bottle again. I rocked him back and forth holding him with one arm, balancing the bottle with my chin and shoulder and patted him on the back with the other hand. He started to drink and then started to fall asleep. I was sure happy to see those eyes closing. At least then I knew what the problem was, he was just tired. I called Erin back to let her know that everything was okay and that he was falling asleep. Once the bottle was done I tried to burp him but he just cried off and on, he was almost too tired to try to cry I think. He wouldn't burp so I rocked him again to try to get him into a deep enough sleep that I could put him down. He started crying again a bit. I grabbed his blanket from his crib and put it partially over his face. He likes having his blanket on his face. I figured it might help also if he didn't see that it was me holding him and not his mom or dad. It seemed to work because soon he was asleep and I was able to put him down. He slept until about the time that Erin and Brian came home. So we survived our first babysitting experience together.
The picture below isn't great quality because it was pretty dark in his room when I went up to take it. I didn't want to use a flash and wake him up. I had to lighten the picture afterwards.

 Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

At 2006-10-11, 8:48 a.m., Blogger Team McCropp said...

Hey Sis, I hope that I can call you that now that I have put a ring on your sisters finger. I enjoyed reading your blog this morning and loved the two pictues. I had to save them. Thank you once again for looking after Evan last night.

 
At 2006-10-12, 10:17 p.m., Blogger Team McCropp said...

Great job Auntie Kristy! You can babysit me anytime. Love Evan

 
At 2006-10-13, 3:43 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you should do this more often!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home