Monday, June 11, 2007

I jumped off a 140' bridge today!

Yes, I think that maybe I'm just a little bit crazy. My heart started pounding as they were putting the stuff on me. It was really pounding by the time I had to move to the edge of the bridge. But once I was there I just wanted him to tell me that I could go ahead and jump. I didn't really think about it much at all. I just waited and then jumped. I'm not sure that most people would find it that easy. That's why I think that I'm a bit crazy. But it was a blast. I screamed right away and then started laughing.
It's surprising how soon you feel the bungee start to slow you down. Then there is a bit of a jerk and you go flying back up again. You bounce for quite some time. I really started to get tired of it and the blood was all rushing to my head. But the first few seconds were amazing. I don't think that I'd do it again but I'm glad that I did it. I think that if I were to go back there I would want to try the King Swing next time.
I got a video of my jump but I haven't been able to get it up here yet. I tried for a long time tonight with no luck but maybe tomorrow it will work.

 
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

At 2007-06-11, 5:45 p.m., Blogger Amy said...

You are crazy, Kristy! But brave!

Good to talk to you today -- after sooooo long!! Glad to hear things are well with you.
A.

 
At 2007-06-11, 8:20 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you. One more thing off your list.

 
At 2007-06-15, 4:12 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm proud of you Kristy! I had trouble just walking on the Capilano suspension bridge, let alone jumping off anything!
Christina

 

Post a Comment

<< Home