Saturday, May 05, 2007

Amuzing Race #2

Well it's my second time doing the Amuzing Race but the third time that they have put one on. Again it was really fun. I'm still feeling just a little car sick though. Erin, you would have puked for sure. My friend Paula, from work, and I went in it and were matched up with a young married couple. It was interesting. The girl got a little upset at times and would yell at her husband, or sometimes just talk unkindly to him. And a couple of times to us to. Paula and I both tend to make sarcastic comments though so I'm sure that we probably didn't help the mood much. The guy was a really scary driver too. He would drive way too fast and I was feeling quite sick most of the day. Once I even bumped my head on the roof of the car because he was going so fast down a bumpy road. Paula and I commented a few times about how we didn't want to win enough to die trying but it didn't seem to help too much. But we still both really had a good time and would do it again. We didn't win but came in 8th out of 12 teams. And just in case anyone ever has an opportunity to eat a hard boiled duck's egg, don't do it. It's gross. I plugged my nose but the texture itself was even gross. But we managed to pass several teams by eating the egg rather than doing the other option at that location. Some of the other things we had to do were to solve a Sudoku puzzle. I did that one. It was a pretty easy one so that went pretty quick. We had to run for a really long time looking for people at a park. Each person (5 in total) had Mad Gab cards that we had to figure out. We did fairly well at that one too I think. But it was a lot of running. We also had to use giant slingshots and water balloons and shoot the water balloons into the turtle pools that were across the field. We had to find marked parking stalls at 3 different locations and then use the stall numbers to open a locked safe. The problem was that you didn't know what order the numbers were in. There were six possibilities and it ended up being the last one that we tried. We had to find a red gumball in a tray full of flour using your face/mouth and no hands. Luckily that was a one person task and I didn't have to do it. It was messy. Our first task was to make a two level house with cards. It took us a lot of time even though we were the first ones to start. I think that we ended up being the second to last ones to get it done. Paula was the one that finally came through for us and got hers to stay standing. The last task was to find a dime from 1975 (every team had a different year) in a pool in someone's back yard. We could either use a magnet on a string or we could swim. We tried the magnet first but could not find one that was the right year. Finally the guy on our team jumped in and found one on the other side where the swimming was. That one took a lot of time and I think that we would have placed a lot better if we'd found our year sooner. Oh well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home