We went snowshoeing again this weekend as well as last weekend. Last weekend was really wet because it was raining on the mountain. It was still fun but not quite as enjoyable when you get completely drenched. Today was great. It was snowing but not too cold. The trail we went on was mostly uphill and a good workout. We didn't go all the way to the top but I'm hoping that we'll go back soon so that we can. There were a lot of people out today so we briefly talked to a lot of them. It didn't take us nearly as long to go down as it did to go up. We probably would have had time to go all the way to the top if we'd realized that it would be so fast going down. When we got to the first big hill going down I decided that it would be more fun to slide down since it was so steep and long. So I sat on my bum and slid down the hill. It was sooo fun! I actually got going pretty fast. Emily went after me and slid headfirst on her backpack on her stomach. There were some people watching from the top of the next hill. They were even taking pictures of us. And when we passed them one of the guys told Emily that she gets a 9.5 for her slide down the hill. We all slid on our bums down two more long steep hills as well. I didn't see any other people doing it though. But I bet that those that watched us will do the same when they descend. It's so much faster and more enjoyable than walking.
The sign says "Deer Crossing", and yes, that is a picture of a camel. There were others, a rhino and a elephant. All of them said deer crossing. I thought that it was strange and interesting so I took some pictures as we were driving past.
I threw in a picture of Winston here just because I think that he's so cute and it's been awhile since I've put him on here.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home