Tuesday, October 16, 2007

The Cutest Nephew Ever!



This is Evan wearing my shoes on thanksgiving weekend. I love getting new pictures of him because he is sooo cute. They make me smile whenever I look at them. I have two more that Erin gave me tonight but I'm having trouble getting them up here.

Most people have already heard about my past weekend but I'll put it up here for those that haven't. On Saturday morning I volunteered at a run that my church was putting on. I had worn clothes that I could run in (even though they weren't the best running clothes) if I decided that I wanted to run instead of volunteer. I didn't end up running at that time but on my way to Brig afterwards I decided that I still had time to fit a run in. I was wearing warm clothes so I thought that it would be best to run before going to Brig rather than after. It might have been too warm afterwards. So I headed to the dykes. On my way there I debated stopping to put my purse in my trunk so that no one would see me do it at the dyke. But I didn't stop. I got to the dykes, put my keys in my purse (which I never do, I always put them somewhere separate), then I wrapped my purse in my jacket so that it didn't look like my purse and put it in the trunk. Then I went for my run. When I got back I noticed that my door handle didn't look quite right. So I immediately opened my trunk and looked for my purse. It was gone. Nothing else had been touched. They must have been waiting and watching at the dykes for someone just like me. Luckily I never keep my birth certificate in my purse and so I've been able to get all of my ID replaced without any trouble. I went to the barn afterwards and used the phone to cancel all my cards and cell phone and to call the police. Later that night I went out for supper with my dad. I watched the hockey game at his house with him afterwards. When I tried to go home around 10:30 I found that my road was blocked off. The police told me to come back later because it was unsafe there. So I went back to dad's. I called the police an hour later and was told that the road was still closed. So I decided to just stay at dad's since I had to be up pretty early. The next day everything was normal at home. There was no evidence of anything from the night before. I still don't know what happened.
Then on Sunday as I was trying to bring Brig into the barn for the night he suddenly took off and kicked me as he was going past me. He knocked me right down onto my back and he knocked the wind out of me. Once I was able to breathe again I got up and went into the barn where he had stopped. I grabbed the chain from his stall put it into his mouth and taught him a lesson about leading. I worked with him today and yesterday as well. My stomache is bruised to touch and my hip is quite bruised and he managed to break the skin.
I don't know how I'm going to teach Brig to not do things like that. He's so good for so long and then all of a sudden with no warning he does that. It's hard to train something out of a horse if it's not a consistent behaviour.
I was quite relieved on Monday when nothing went wrong all day. In fact things went quite smoothly and better than expected. Today was okay as well. It wasn't a very productive day and I didn't enjoy waiting my turn in the gov't building for 1.5hrs but again nothing went wrong so I was happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home