More Snowshoeing and other stuff.
I went snowshoeing tonight with a couple of girls that I work with. We had a lot of fun. We were a little worried in the beginning as we're all not in as good of shape as we could be. The first little bit was all up hill and we were wondering if we would survive 2hrs of snowshoeing. But it turned out that the rest was mostly flat. In fact at the end we didn't want to stop and were wishing that it had been longer and a better workout. We are hoping to go somewhat regularly if we can. Next time we will probably go on our own instead of doing a organized tour like we did tonight. We plan to try some other things as well, like cross-country skiing and I don't know what else. I just enjoy getting out and doing something different especially when it gives me exercise. I haven't been doing a whole lot lately to stay in shape. My knees are still bothering me particularly if I try to run at all. I think that my job is part of the reason that they refuse to heal. Oh well.
I have moved Brig to a new barn. He seems really happy there. He has more room and he is never cooped up in a stall. His stall opens onto the paddock so he can go in and out as he pleases. He has been extrememly well behaved since he got there. I was riding him the first week and was quite impressed with the amazing horse that was under me. It felt great to be on him especially since he's grown up during his time off. He was so much more balanced and most things were easier for him. I was so excited for the show season and for all that I could start doing with him. But then he started limping. So now I'm planning on having another vet come out to look at him. I'm sure that it's still the bowed tendon. I just hope that it can somehow be fixed. He's too nice of a horse to be a lawn ornament.
I'm going out to Alberta at the end of March. I'm quite excited about that. I haven't been back there since Christmas time last year. Sara is due to have a baby in February so I will be able to meet the new baby when I'm there. My friend Amy, in Ontario, is also pregnant and is due in June (I think) and my sister, Erin, is also pregnant and due in Sept. So there are a lot of babies on the way to look forward to. I'm going to have to start saving for a trip out to Ontario to see Amy and Joe's baby.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home