The Amuzing Race
So today I competed in The Amuzing Race. It was a lot of fun. I don't have any pictures at this point but maybe I will get ahold of some eventually. I did scan one of the envelopes and some of the clues that we were given. They are quite well done aren't they? I guess I should explain what we did. We started at the church. Everyone got their clues and sprinted to their cars. Some people even started to drive away. But the first task was to find a pawprint under a pew. So everyone got out of their cars and sprinted into the church to search under the pews. We were one of the last 4 teams to find a clue. We ended up finding it under a pew in the balcony. Then we drove to another church and found a marked box hidden in the parking lot. We then got to choose whether we wanted to go down the "Coquitlam Crunch" (a short hike down and back up a hill) or we could eat a bowl of pork fluff and dried squid. My other three team members were asian so they immediately said they wanted do the eating one. So that's what we did. It actually tasted alright. Then we made our way to a park where we had to launch 5 water balloons from a slingshot to one of our team members waiting below to catch them with a towel (we were at the top of a large hill in the park). She didn't actually catch any but three didn't break so we only had a two minute time penalty. Next we had to drive to someone's house in Port Coquitlam (we started in Coquitlam). Since I have good eyesight I was chosen for the next task. I had to find a grain of rice that had the letters AR on it in a small kiddy pool full of rice. I actually found it pretty quickly and we were on our way to the next destination: Mataeos Gelatto. Once there we bought and ate gelatto and had to wait 12 minutes before leaving. We were in 9th place out of 13 teams at this point. We then drove to another home where we had to either do a word problem or get a bulls eye with darts. I voted on the darts so that is what we tried. After many failed attempts I got a bulls eye and we were on our way. I think that we may have advanced past a couple teams at that station because they were still working on the word problem. Next we drove to the Port Moody Station Museum where we had to use the Allendorf cipher to decode our unique hidden message from a document located in the museum. We lost a bit of time trying to find this museum. We actually drove right past it but thought that it was the wrong place and so had to turn around and come back. Then we drove back to PoCo and one team member had to eat her way through Raspberry filled marshmallow cookies until she found one with chocolate filling. It took quite a few cookies before she found one. Then we drove back to Coquitlam to yet another park. We were eliminated at this location. The other teams went on to complete a canoeing task, then they made an inukshuk that had to be 4 1/2 feet tall (apparently this was the most difficult and least fun task). Then they drove to Value Village where they had to find an item that was red, black and white and under four dollars. The first team back with this item were the winners.We had a barbeque afterwards and then most of us went home to shower before heading back to the church for the evening service.
So it was a fun day. It was disappointing to be eliminated but I guess that's just part of the game. My team members were great and we all played a part in getting as far as we did.

2 Comments:
That sounds like so much fun. Someone is very organized. Did the winners win a trip to Surrey?
No trip to Surrey but they got gift certificates to Naganos (is that what it's called?).
Post a Comment
<< Home