So many shoes I don't know what to do!
I think that I need to do something exciting or interesting soon so that I have something to write about and so that I can put up some good pictures. When I decide that it's time for me to post something again I don't always know what I'm going to write. But once I get started I seem to be able to write a lot. Of course I'm just rambling on about nothing in particular. So today I am putting up pictures of my many, many pairs of shoes. This is almost all of them in these two pictures. The first picture shows all the shoes that I have worn in the past month. I try not to clutter the entryway here but as you can see I'm not very sucessful. This picture was taken after I tried to tidy them up and contain them to a smaller area. I am starting to get concerned to because I am starting to need all my summer shoes now (that's what is mostly in the rubbermade container). Where am I going to put them all. I really don't understand how some people survive with only a couple of pairs of shoes. Maybe I have more trouble because I need shoes for riding, work, excercising and everyday living. Other people might be able to wear the same couple pairs of shoes for everything. Normally I would leave my rollerblades and riding boots in my car but after having my car broken into in December I have learned not to leave anything in my car that I would be upset about if it was stolen. So, the rollerblades and boots join everything else at the door.Yesterday I finally was able to switch my car insurance on my toyota over to BC. I have had to call my insurance company in Alberta a couple times and have gone into the place here twice but it is done. I spent over an hour at the insurance place yesterday trying to get everything organized and switched over. I can't believe that it is so difficult and takes so much time. The lady suggested that if I ever need to do this again that I should just sell my car before moving and buy a new one when I reach my destination because it would be easier. I didn't think that there would be a big difference in how much I'm paying for insurance here than I was paying in Alberta but it is quite a bit more. I'm paying almost as much now for one car as I was paying for two in Alberta. Oh well. I'll be taking the insurance off the pontiac soon so it won't end up being any more out of my pocket per month. I have decided that I'm putting the pontiac in the Buy and Sell one more time and if it doesn't sell it's going to the auto wreckers. I did get one call on my last ad, but she seemed to lose interest when I told her she couldn't insure it until the work that it needs is done. I found out yesterday that I am not able to insure my stuff that is in storage in Alberta if I'm living in BC. The company in Alberta won't insure it because I'm not living in Alberta (it's covered under tenants insurance) and the company here won't insure it because the storage place is in Alberta. I have no idea what I'm going to do. I'm really not comfortable with leaving it unisured as almost everything I own is in there. I might have to keep checking into it to see if ther is some way that I can get around their rules. Maybe I will get someone who lives in Alberta to get insurance for it and I will just pay for it. Could I do something like that? Anybody know how these things work or if that makes sense?
I feel surprisingly good this morning after being up all night working. Last night was my last shift for this week. It was probably my easiest night so far. I was still tired but not nearly as much as usual and now I don't feel a desperate need to go to bed like I usually do. In fact I really don't want to go to bed at all. It is a nice day out so maybe I'll just stay up and go for a run or ride or something. It seems that my body has finally adjusted. I am somewhat fascinated by how my body responds to this shift work. Normally I often get heartburn if I eat too late at night but since my last week of night shifts I have not been getting heartburn at night at all. But I ate a bagel this morning on my 5:30am break and I ended up getting heartburn. Apparently my body knew that I would probably be going to bed in a couple hours and so I should not be eating so soon before sleeping. I also have found that I'm usually cold on my night shifts (although not last night). Everybody else will be walking around in shorts and t-shirts in the building (it's usually pretty warm) and I'll be cold in my pants and sweatshirt. I think that my body cools down as it would if I were sleeping.
I still don't know my schedule for next week. Normally I am able to look at the schedule on Thursdays but my name was not on the schedule for next week. So either I am working in a different area or there isn't enough work right now and I'll have some time off. I have to phone later today to find out. I'm guessing that I'll just be in another area on a different machine.
I am really looking forward to this weekend. Tomorrow I am participating in the Amuzing Race with my church. Obviously it follows the idea of the Amazing Race. They did it last year too and apparently it was a lot of fun. I was in Alberta at that time so this year will be my first time. I wasn't able to sign up until I got my work schedule last week so by that time all my friends were already on teams. But I signed up anyway and they found a team for me. There will be four of us girls and I don't know any of them yet. I'm actually kind of glad now that I wasn't able to get on a team with my friends because I love meeting new people and making new friends. I'm not sure how competetive the other girls are, I believe that two of them are not very competetive. So it might be interesting. I like to win at things like this and usually I'm on teams with competetive people and we almost always win. But no matter what I'm sure that we'll have lots of fun. After the race there is a BBQ at the church and then I will probably go to the evening service. We usually go out for gellato after church too. So it should be a good day.
On Sunday I have another ball game. We won our game last week. We were doing quite a bit better than the other team so they decided to rotate all the girls positions every inning so that we could get some experience with the different positions. I was a little bit nervous about it as I'm still not very confident about what I'm doing but it went well and I even caught the ball and got someone out on first! My team is great about helping and encouraging those of us with little experience.

5 Comments:
Wow, I really do write a lot don't I. It never seems like so much until I look at it afterwards and then the writing just goes on forever. Maybe I'll have to make the font smaller so that it doesn't look like so much. I hope I'm not boring everyone. But then again I'm not forcing anyone to read it am I?
I love reading about your little adventures. Saturday sounds like a great time for you. I seem to remember hearing that ICBC will take old cars. Maybe check that out. I sure miss you.
Your writing helps us keep in touch with you, so don't think you are boring. Can't see you in the Sun Run pic but I'm 1/2 blind anyway!
Besides getting Evan dressed and giving him his vitamins, reading your blog is the highlight of my day. I feel like I'm inside your head and I always enjoy reading about your thoughts on everything. Is dad in the sun run pic? I think I can see him... it's just too small to tell.
Dad might be in the picture but I can't see him in this one. He was wearing a long sleeved black shirt. I think that the person that looks like it might be dad is wearing a white shirt right?
Post a Comment
<< Home