Sunday, May 21, 2006

BBQ

What a long work day today! I worked a 12 hr day shift. I knew it would be a long day when I started counting down the hours with 11 left to go. I spent the last 45 minutes sitting in a chair watching the mechanics and operators working on the machine. I couldn't work because they were fixing it and I had already done all of the extra work that there was to do. I wish that they could have just let me go early. Oh well, I was getting paid time and a half all day so I won't complain.
I went to the BBQ at my neighbour's last night. I only knew the one neighbour that invited me so I was feeling a little out of my comfort zone when I walked over there. I often feel inept in social situations but I try not to let that stop me from doing things. I am glad that I went to the BBQ last night and I had a good time. There were about 10 people there with the ages ranging from early 20's to about 50. The people were all quite nice and I was surprised by how easy I found it to talk to everyone. Maybe they just asked me the right questions, I don't know, but I didn't just sit there listening to everyone else talk. That is what usually happens when I'm with people that I don't know well or am not totally comfortable with. I find it very difficult to join in conversations as I can't think of anything to say. It is rare also that anyone will experience my sense of humour until I know them well either but last night I had no trouble talking and joking with everyone. So, I think that it was a good experience for me and it was one more step towards becoming less shy.
I met the murderer last night too. I didn't think that he was going to be there because he didn't show up until later. He goes by the name of Ian. He seemed to be a nice enough guy but honestly he was a little bit odd too. I don't really know how to describe it better than that. I found out that it's not his roommate, who happens to be his brother, that he murdered (at least he hasn't murdered him yet) as I saw the brother last night too. But I do have a new theory for how he plans to kill his victims. I found out that he often shares his food with people when he has extra. See, he's just trying to make it seem normal right now and then he's going to poison them later. I noticed that he didn't really want to eat anything last night but the others convinced him to anyway. Well, he took food but he didn't actually eat hardly anything. This is probably because he doesn't trust anyone because he knows that he cannot be trusted. That's about all that I've discovered so far but I'll keep investigating the situation.
I thought that I was going to sell my pontiac last night. One of the guys that was there was interested in it. He might still be interested actually but we never really finished talking about it. Maybe he'll call or stop by if he really wants it. I don't understand why he would though. He's an engineer, so shouldn't he be able to afford something better than a cheap old car? I'm also surprised that he's still interested in it after talking to me because I'm not very good about selling it. I tend to mention everything that is wrong with it and what needs to be fixed and how much it will cost etc.. I just don't want to sell someone something and then have them feel ripped off because they end up having to put more money into it than they expected. My insurance needs to be renewed on June 6 so I plan to be rid of the car by then, whether it means selling it or taking it to the auto wreckers.
Tomorrow I am taking Brig on his first real trail ride!! My friend Jen and her boyfriend Ryan are going to trailer Ryan's two horses to Golden Ears. Jen will stay with their two horses while Ryan comes and picks Brig and I up with the trailer. I am really looking forward to it. I hope that the weather will be decent. It rained this afternoon but I don't think that it's supposed to rain too much, if at all, tomorrow.
I might be getting another horse to train soon. I am going on Wednesday to meet the people who own the horse and to check out their place and see if I will be able to work with the horse at their place. It is a 5yr old Standardbred that used to race (pulling the sulky (cart), not being ridden). They have had someone sit on the horse before and they've done a bit of work with it so I am hoping that it won't be very difficult to start. I don't really have much time to work with another horse but I really like starting horses and I want to start making a reputation for myself in this area so if I think that I can manage I'm going to try.
Well, I need to go clean my room, pictured below. Isn't that awful. What a mess. I can't believe that I live like that. That's pretty normal for me too, well maybe it's a bit worse than usual but still it's usually pretty bad. I'm running out of time tonight too as I need catch up on my sleep tonight because I work the night shift tomorrow and Tuesday. I really hate the night shift. But I only have two of them this week so that's better than 5 like I've had before.
Oh, one more thing that I just thought of after seeing my container of shoes on my bedroom floor. Usually I keep them up on the shelf in my closet but I think that I have a ghost following me or something. When I was housesitting last weekend I woke up in the middle of the night because a plastic grocery bag moved and made a noise. I was the only one in the room. No pets were there. The only thing that I could think of right away was maybe they had mice in the house. But I really don't think that they do, there was no evidence of any mice and I didn't see anything when I turned on the light. I think that maybe my jacket must have slid towards it and made it move or something. Then a few nights ago I woke to a loud crash in my room. When I checked to see what it was my container of shoes had fallen off my shelf in my closet to the floor. It wasn't Winston because he could never jump that high and would never try. So, I figure it must be a ghost following me. Actually probably I just had too many shoes in the side that hangs over the edge rather than the side that sits on the shelf. I will have to reorganize that tonight. That will free up a lot of space on my floor and make the rest of the room easier to clean and organize.

1 Comments:

At 2006-05-23, 11:30 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've heard that you can donate cars for a tax receipt. Check out MADD Canada. There are others as well
Bev

 

Post a Comment

<< Home