Yum Chocolate!
This is where I went tonight: http://www.vancouver.suttonplace.com/Chocoholic_Buffet.htm
A chocolate buffet! One of my friends wanted to celebrate her 25th birthday by going to the chocolate buffet in Vancouver. It was delicious. It was very expensive but very good too. I was smart and did not attempt to eat $24 dollars worth of chocolate. I knew that I would feel gross if I did. I hadn't had any supper since I had to rush home from work so that I could make it to my friends in time. So, I ate quite a bit of chocolate but did not stuff myself. It may have been one of the most delicious suppers I've ever had. The birthday girl ate enough that she was feeling pretty sick. But she didn't seem to regret it at all. There were 10 of us that went. It was a nice group. The drive there was a little scary though. At least I thought so, nobody else seemed to notice. I thought that I'd be safe by riding in the truck with the police officer driving. But I now have a new opinion/stereotype about police officers. Definitely scary drivers. It was kind of like he forgot that he wasn't in a police car with lights on and sirens flashing. But he did get us there and home safely so maybe he did know what he was doing.
I've decided that I kind of like being injured at work (other than the pain part). People are really nice to me and make work much easier on me. I haven't been looking for sympathy but when the people that I'm working with hear that I fell off my horse they start doing more work and giving me more breaks. They can see how sore I am by the way that I've been moving too. This morning was really bad. The guy that I was working with didn't think that I was going to manage to stay the whole shift. It was really difficult to walk even if I was going slowly. I couldn't lift anything or bend over or turn my head very far. But after my first break everything seemed to start to loosen up. I was still in a fair bit of pain but I had a better range of motion and could walk a fairly normal speed without it being very noticeable that I was sore. I was working a 12hr shift and I was stuck on the same machine the whole time. I was given about 20 minutes extra for breaks and it really made a difference. Before my breaks I would be seriously considering going home but after even a 10 minute one I'd be okay for about an hour. After 8 hrs I just kept telling myself that if I didn't make it through my shift I wouldn't get my overtime hours and this might be my last week of overtime for a while. So, I needed to stay so that I can get another big paycheck. It worked, I made it the end. But man was I glad to be done. I don't work again until Monday and I'm pretty sure that I'll be feeling a lot better by then. I'll be switching back and forth between two machines and I'm only working 8hrs so it should be alright.
I don't remember if I've mentioned before how many comments I get on my hair at work. I get a lot of comments on it. I've had 3 just this week and I can think of at least 10 total since I started. Apparently it's a big deal that some days my hair is straight and other days it's curly. Today a girl that I have seen around but have never spoken to came into the lunchroom and said "I've got to ask, how is your hair so curly one day and then totally straight the next?" I've been asked that one several times. Other times people just think that I got it cut or straightened or something. Two guys have told me that they really like it one way or the other. Of course one said straight and the other said curly. Good thing I change it regularly. I find it quite amusing that something that I've never thought was a big deal gets so much attention and so many comments. It's kind of nice because several of the people are people that I would otherwise not have had a chance to talk to but my hair has provided an opening for conversation. Unexpected but nice. This probably doesn't interest anyone else but I really find it quite amusing.

1 Comments:
Kirsty, if I ever come to Vancouver, you HAVE TO take me to the chocolate buffet!! I can't think of anything more wonderful. I would definitely eat enough to make myself feel sick. :)
All-you-can-eat-chocolate. Whoever thought of that deserves a prize.
Glad you enjoyed it!
A.
Post a Comment
<< Home