Friday, September 15, 2006

Fall #2

I fell off of Brig again today. It happened so fast! He spooked and I was on the ground immediately. He stopped about 1 meter away from me and stood waiting for me to get back on. He's so good that way. He doesn't care at all that I fall off. It doesn't scare or worry him as it does some horses. I didn't get hurt at all this time. I jumped up right away, brushed myself off, got back on and continued my ride. If falling off was always so easy and unpainful I wouldn't mind if it happened all the time. I did have a slight headache right away afterwards but it was very minor. I even went for a run after I was done at the barn. I pushed my distance up quite a bit today. I didn't have time to run last week because it was a really busy week so I didn't plan to do too much today. But once I got out there I ended up running 7.5km. So, I might actually be ready to do 10km in October. I hope so.
All summer I hardly had to work any Sundays and now that I am supposed to be helping with Sunday School every week I've had to work 2 Sundays in a row. Sometimes it almost seems as though they find out what days I have plans during the coming week and then they make sure to schedule me to work on those days. It happens so often that I have to change my plans. Oh well. I'm not going to stay working there forever.
For those of you that don't know yet, Erin and Brian got engaged on Sept. 9! It was Erin's 30th birthday on Sept. 10. On the 8th Brian threw a party for Erin. It was fun. Then on the 9th he took her out for dinner and proposed to her.
My new saddle has still not arrived. I was starting to worry and then remembered that I can check the internet to see where it is. I found out that it should be here on Tuesday. I can't wait. I borrowed someone else's saddle for my lesson on Wednesday and it was so nice to ride in it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home