New Saddle!
I just bought a new saddle through ebay! I have been trying to find one for a while but have always been outbid on ebay so far. Today I slept for 1.5 hours after work and then woke up to bid on this saddle. It looked like I might end up getting it for pretty cheap but then someone else bid a bit right near the end. I'm still pretty happy with the price though. Almost $100 less than I was willing to spend. It comes with stirrups and a girth too so that is a definite bonus. I will need to get a wider gullet so that the saddle will fit Brig but they are only about $30. I can't wait until the saddle gets here. I like my jumping saddle, but it will be nice to ride in a dressage saddle again.
Last night was my last night shift for the week. The week went pretty good. There were problems with the machines that wrap up the rolls so I ended up spending a lot of time unwrapping rolls that weren't wrapped properly. One night I had to spend so much time unwrapping rolls that I couldn't even get my 10 pallets done. Two nights ago I was surprised to receive some praise from another coworker for getting all my work done. At the end of the night he said "You did a hell of a job". It was actually kind of nice to have someone be impressed that I can get lots done rather than having them tell me that I've done too much.
I'm not really looking forward to my shifts next week. I expect that they will be really boring. Two days I'm going to be flipping packages for the entire shifts. I think that I mentioned doing this job before. It is the one where I was allowed to read while I flipped packages with one hand as they came down the conveyor towards me. I'm not sure that I'll be allowed to read this time so it will be extra boring. Oh well, I just keep telling myself, $25/hr. I only have 3 shifts so far this week and the other one doesn't sound like it's going to be much more exciting. But at least it will be something new and different. Hopefully they will give me at least one more shift this week.
Earlier this week they announced a restructuring at Scott Paper. Basically the bottom 10 people on the spare board (which will include me) will end up getting less hours. This shouldn't come into effect until November. So hopefully I will decide on my next career change by then. I went with my aunt to observe her working with an autistic boy on Thursday. It gave me a better idea of what to expect in a job with special needs kids. I still have a lot of thinking to do and I need to find out more information.
So I think that I must have a tumor. Several days ago I noticed a lump on the side of my face just infront of my ear. It is painful to touch and seems to be under the skin rather than part of the skin. It is about the size of a large marble. With my extensive medical knowledge :) the only thing that I could think that it might be is a tumor. I might go get it checked out today since it doesn't seem to be getting better and my jaw has also been hurting more often than usual. I'm sure that they will probably tell me that it's nothing and will go away on it's own within a week or something along those lines.

2 Comments:
Kristy, The doctor might send you for an ultrasound. My guess is it is probably a fat-filled cyst called a lipoma or more likely an infected hair follicle...wanna put money on it? (It's not a tumor!)
-Erin
Kristy, Ebay is pretty addictive. I am selling a bike frame on there and buying something else at the same time. Try not to get too carried away. Brian.
Post a Comment
<< Home