Poor Winston
I let Winston go outside for a while tonight after I got home. He usually stays pretty close and always comes back home soon (usually immediately and often at a full out sprint up the stairs and into the house) after I call him. As it was starting to get dark out I decided that it was time for him to come home so I called him. He didn't come. Usually I can hear his collar and I can often hear him meowing as he's on his way back (if there are obstacles in his way to prevent him sprinting all the way home). But tonight there was silence. I waited awhile and then called again. And then again. By this time it was totally dark outside and I was starting to worry a little bit. I think that he's smart enought to stay away from the road but I always worry about other animals getting him. With Winston being as friendly as he is there is also the chance that he's just relaxing at someone else's house and can't hear me. That is what I tried to tell myself must have been the case tonight. Either way though there was nothing that I could do but wait and keep calling periodically. Finally I heard the bell on his collar. What a wonderful sound that was. He came inside meowing and acting a bit nervous. Then I noticed that his hair looked like it had been wet and was messed up in a couple of spots on his sides. He had little bits that were pulled out too. He looked kind of rough. He certainly had a run-in with something. But the skin is not broken anywhere so I don't know what it could have been. He probably didn't come when I called because he was hiding somewhere and was waiting until it was safe to move. I'm glad that he's safe at home again now. He might have to be contained to the house and porch again for a while. I can't handle the stress of worrying about him (this is a great example of why I should never have kids). Dad put up a barrier recently so that Winston can't get off the porch. Winston is much happier now that he's allowed to go out there. He doesn't seem to mind too much that he's not usually allowed to go anywhere else.

1 Comments:
i'm glad winston is ok and you will be a fabulous mom one day
Post a Comment
<< Home