Thursday, September 21, 2006

Road Trip!!

Apparently I had a few people worried about Winston while reading my last post. Sorry about that, but I'm glad to know that I have such empathetic family and friends. Winston is still fine. He's been doing a great job of making sure that I don't sleep in past my alarm (even when it doesn't go off because I don't have to work that day). He also made sure that I woke up yesterday during the day when the doorbell rang. I was planning on ignoring it until Winston came running into my room meowing like crazy. I knew that there was no chance he would let me go back to sleep so I got up and went to the door. It was good that I did though because it was my new saddle arriving. He's such a helpful cat. Right now he is helping me type by holding my arm down with his body and my fingers with his paw, alternating with his head. He's also taking time to knock any pens that he can reach off of the desk as well as trying to push in the keyboard tray with his feet while I'm typing. Anyway, I'm quite excited to try out my saddle today. It looks like it might be a nice day so I shouldn't get wet while I ride. I just put the correct size gullet in my saddle. It was really easy to change. I didn't even need instructions.
I have really been enjoying Brig lately. I'm having a very difficult time with my decision to sell him. He's been so much fun to ride the past little while and he's doing so well that the last thing I want to do is sell him. One of our latest breakthroughs is that he finally understands the leg yield! At least in one direction, the other direction still needs some work. I keep thinking about all that I can do with him if I keep him. I know that I would get tonnes of enjoyment out of him. But financially it just doesn't make sense. If I sell him now I can make a lot of money on him. If I keep him I will lose money and I'll be living at my dad's for the rest of my life (or at least until I pay off my student loans, go back to school, pay off those loans and then find another high-paying job that I don't like because I can't afford my horse with the job that I got from the schooling that I just completed). Brig's value will continue to increase if I keep him but not as quickly as it has since I bought him and not as much as the amount that I will be spending on him every month. I'm kind of hoping that once I start advertising no one will want to buy him and I will have to keep him. I think that part of the reason that my decision to sell Brig has been bothering me more lately is because I know that I have to start advertising soon. I can't put it off much longer. I need to get videos and pictures done of him before he grows a winter coat. And now that I have my dressage saddle there is no real excuse to not take the video and pictures. I am going to try and set up a website as an advertisment that people can go to to look at pictures and videos of him. I think that this will make it a lot easier to sell him. Then I don't have to send stuff to people individually. I will put the site address in my advertisments and people can look at it as they please. I thought that it would be really easy to set up a website but after trying yesterday I was feeling a little bit discouraged. Has anyone made one before? Is there a good site to go to that is free and uncomplicated. I found a free one but I wasn't having much success using it on my first attempt. I think that I'll try again tonight. My only other solution to keeping Brig is what everybody else suggests to me. I need to find a rich husband. So far I really haven't been having much success with that. But then again I haven't been trying.
Erin, Brian, Evan and I are going down to Wenatchee, WA to visit Lance and Ann this weekend. I'm really looking forward to it. We are leaving Friday afternoon and coming back Sunday. I love going away on road trips, even if it is just a short one.

1 Comments:

At 2006-09-21, 2:32 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a safe trip and give my love to the Youngs. Hugs to Winston.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home