Kids say the funniest things.
On Thursday night I went out for supper with a guy that goes to my church. We then met up with a bunch more people and went to a movie and then to Bread Garden. While we were out Sierra left a message on my phone for me. I had to listen to it five times before I could translate the whole thing but when I did I burst out laughing. Here is exactly what I heard: First she took a big deep breath. Then she said "I hope you um come here soon. Um. Just, just come back here and talk to us soon. I hope you get back from your date and I don't want you to go on dates. Bye." I phoned the next night to talk to her. She wouldn't give me a reason why she doesn't want me to go on dates but she sure is adamant about it. She's so cute.
I am going to try to make a trip out to Alberta while I'm off work at the end of the month. I haven't checked into the flights yet but if they are at all reasonable and I can be sure that I won't have to work then I expect that I'll go. I really hope that it works out and that I can go out there. I don't think that I'll try to see everyone. Probably just Sara and her family.
I found out on Friday that I got a posting at work in the division that they always have me working in. This should help me in case there ends up being less work for everyone. I would get work before people on the spare board. It also means that I won't have to be on call, not that I ever was anyway.
I have been reading the textbook for the course that I'm taking in January. I've really been enjoying it. I'm already into the fifth chapter. Yesterday one of the guys at work saw what I was reading and starting asking me lots of questions about it. I ended up giving him the textbook to take home for the evening. So, it's not just me that enjoys reading textbooks.
Last night after I left a christmas party I could not get my car door unlocked. I was trying for awhile before I realized that the tip of my key had broken off in the lock. So I got in the passenger side. It didn't occur to me until after I was in that I should have just unlocked the drivers side door from the passenger side rather than climbing over. But now that is how I get into my car. I'm just glad that it didn't break off in the ignition. I have no idea how I'm going to get the piece out. I think that I'll wait until my dad gets home tomorrow and see if he can fix it.
Yesterday Sara and John did a huge favour for me. They drove up to Red Deer, loaded all of my belongings that are in storage into their truck and trailer and moved them to another storage unit. I had tried to organize everything so that they wouldn't have any problems and so that everything would go as smoothly as possible. I had done all the calling about prices of units and decided where to move my stuff to. I had had really bad service at the last place. When I was overcharged last month even after sending them a really long letter complaining about the poor service it was the last straw and I decided that I didn't want to keep my stuff there anymore. So Sara, being the great friend that she is who is always there for me to help, agreed to move all my stuff. I found the place and organized for Sara and John to move it there yesterday. I was impressed when the new place phoned to confirm that they were still coming this weekend. I thought that everything would be fine but I made sure to check my phone throughout the day in case Sara and John were having problems. Well, luckily I happened to check it shortly after they phoned around 2:30. They were outside of the new place and the code that I had been given to get through the gate would not work. The office is closed on the weekends so there was no one there to help them. Even if they could have gotten through the gate the actual unit has an alarm on it and without using my code to get through the gate the alarm would have gone off. So they were sitting out there wondering what to do. Luckily I had written down, in my e-mail to Sara, the next two cheapest storage places that my stuff could be moved to if there were some unexpected problems. So they ended up taking my stuff to one of those places instead. I will be very happy when I actually have a place somewhere that I can keep all of my stuff with me. I'm just glad that the other place that they went to had a unit available and that they were able to move my stuff in there that day. I am also glad that I had forgotten to mail my cheque to the place where they were supposed to move my stuff to. I had intended to mail it on Wednesday but forgot until Saturday to get it ready to mail. Sometimes my forgetfulness works in my favour.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home