Some of my thoughts this week.
As I was walking to my car tonight I was thinking that I have been feeling very blessed lately. I have so many things both big and small that I am thankful for. i won't list them all but I am incredibly thankful for my friends and family and even aquaintances and sometimes strangers. I am thankful for that I have a job to go to everyday. Many people at work are not getting many hours right now but mine have not been cut back at all. Many people do not know in advance when they will be working. They get called in every day (if they're lucky, if not they don't have work). I know when I will be working all the way until January with the exception of one day that they still have to let me know about. I keep thinking about all the things that have made me feel good lately and it all comes back to people. The things that people do for me and they way they treat me makes such an impact on my life. Of course it can go both ways. Sometimes people will make things harder and have a negative impact. I just feel like lately I've been around a lot of people that have made a positive impact.
This morning I was thinking about a couple of my friends. I have realized lately that I am a little bit worried/reluctant to meet someone and leave my single life but not for the usual reasons that I normally think about. The reason this time is that I really would like these two specific friends of mine to meet someone first. They both have a hard time being single and really want to be married. Whenever other friends of theirs end up meeting someone and eventually get married they have trouble dealing with it. I don't know if it's jealousy that they feel or if they feel left out or what but I know that it really can be quite hard for them. I am always happy for my friends when they meet someone that I think is good for them and so it would be easier/maybe better if these two were to meet someone first. But don't worry I don't plan to let this hold me back from anything. It has just made me start thinking about how I can make things easier for them if and when the time comes. By writing this I don't mean to sound like I am so special and important that what I do is going to drastically effect their lives but as well as I know them I know that it will effect them.
Michelle and I have been getting our plans organized for our cruise. I am able to take time off in February to go on the trip. I was concerned that I might not be able to get any time off until April but when I told the lady at work my plans she figured out how it can work. She actually prefers that I go in Feb instead of April. I guess it is slower in Feb and lots of people tend to take time off in April. So February it is. Now that we are able to start planning I am very excited. My passport should be arriving soon. By the way if anyone ever needs to get or renew a passport they should fill out the form online and then take it in. It is way faster. I only had to wait about 1 minute and got ahead of approx. 40 people who were already there waiting. It was all because I had filled out my application online.
I seems to be coming down with a cold. It is arriving very slowly but is progressively getting worse. I am always surprised when I actually end up getting a cold as it happens so seldom. I often feel the beginnings of one but then it never amounts to anything. I am hoping that this will still be the case with this one but I have to work a graveyard shift tomorrow night and I think that the lack of sleep will probably be too much for my body to fight off the cold. I wasn't feeling too great today anyway so I don't have as much hope that this one will disappear as I usually do. I even felt bad enough today that I took an advil. I had a bad headache along with my other cold symptoms and still had 3 hours of work left. My headache was making me nauseous and it reminded me of my migraine (although I knew that it wasn't a migraine as the pain was different) but it still scared me enough to take an advil. And I'm glad I did because I really do feel much better. My headache is totally gone. Well, I've been rambling on and on about nothing for far too long so I will save the rest of my thoughts for another day.

1 Comments:
Just remember that a big part of people doing nice things for you is a lot in part because of the way you have treated them. What goes around comes around. You are special in everyone's lives in one way or another.
Post a Comment
<< Home