Monday, November 13, 2006

Poor Brig

I talked to my friend Michelle tonight. We have decided not to go to Europe. I am very relieved. I really didn't think that I would be able to save up enough money to do all that we wanted to do. So when Michelle suggested a cruise instead I thought that it would be a great idea. Michelle's sister is starting a managerial position on a cruise line in December. She is able to guarantee us spots on the cruise for only $150 each. So we would mostly just have to worry about our plane tickets and spending money. I don't know yet where we will be going but since I haven't ever really been anywhere it doesn't really matter to me. We will go either in Feb or April. I am going to check at work and see when I can get time off. I don't know what I have for holidays so I might have to wait until April.
Brig's leg is really sore today. His hock is swollen and he doesn't like to use it. He spent a lot of time lying down today. He was really good and stood still while I cold hosed his leg and then cleaned the wound. I was expecting him to be bad and to try and kick me or something but he was excellent. I think that I will have to go tomorrow and Wed after work to clean it and cold hose it again. I could probably pay someone to do it but I want to keep an eye on it myself. I also don't want someone else to get kicked. I hope that it gets better quickly and that I don't end up needing to call a vet. At least now I can take the time off of riding him that I was wanting to take without the guilt. I can't ride a lame horse. He won't be running around causing trouble either because his leg is too sore. Of course now I will be spending more time than usual driving to and from the barn and at the barn. I will have to stand in the rain for 20min every day cold hosing his leg. But I still think that I will prefer that to riding in the rain and dodging puddles. Maybe because I feel like I have a choice to ride but I don't feel that I can choose not to take care of my injured horse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home