Monday, November 20, 2006

I love my girls group.

Tonight I went to my girls group bible study. We are working through a book right now but the chapters are really short and we only do two a week so most of our time is spent talking about everything else that is going on in our lives. Since starting work at Scott Paper I have missed a lot of our meetings because I have had to work. I really do miss them too. I love my girls group. I am amazed at how much I love each of the girls that is in the group. I feel such a connection with most of them. At times there are people that I don't feel any connection with. They are nice girls but they just seem to think too differently from me. There are probably about 10 or 12 of us all together but that many never show up every time. We have had people come and go from the group. As the group has changed the ones that I feel close to are the ones that are still there. Tonight there were 6 of us and they were all girls that I look forward to seeing whenever we meet. They are all very mature and wise. They always make me feel good and I think that they all feel the same. Before I went tonight I was really tired. I don't usually feel tired like that in the evenings but I was even falling asleep sitting up. I still wanted to go because I always enjoy it so much but I didn't think that I would feel like talking or participating very much. When I walked in it sounded like there were about 10 people there they were all laughing so much. Almost right away one of the girls asked me a question and I think that I probably ended up talking for the next 15 or 20 minutes. That's unusual for me even on a day when I'm feeling talkative and I'm not tired. Anyway it was a great night and I am so thankful that I met all of these girls and joined their group when I originally came back here two years ago.
I talked to Sierra on the phone last night. I was again amazed at how old and mature she seems sometimes. It's hard to believe that she's five. I think of her as being young but then I am amazed at our conversations. She is a very good conversationalist. Within minutes of starting our conversation she asked me how my day was. I don't even think to ask people that a lot of the time. She also asked how my dad is (she met him a year ago when I moved out here). She asked if he's been doing any weeding and yard work. I guess I don't expect her to remember as much as she does. I also don't expect her to be able to think about my daily life here and what I do. But she does. She asks about work and my horse and Winston. She mentioned many times that she misses me and she hopes that I can come visit and stay at their house. She would like me to stay longer than last time and hopes that I won't have to go to any weddings next time. We talked a bit about Christmas. I found it quite amuzing when she asked me what size clothes I wear. How many 5 year olds ask a question like that? She doesn't even know what size she wears. She wants to get me a christmas present and so I guess she needs to know my clothes size. But she also said that she had already drawn a picture for me, but she won't tell me what it is of, and she said that she has something else for me that is breakable. When I asked her what she wants for christmas she said dolls and a collar for her cat. I think that I actually have a harness that I could send her for the cat but I'm not sure that it is a good idea. Their cats are even dumber than Winston when it comes to letting the children maul and torture them. I'm not sure that I should send a new weapon for the kids to use. I can just picture the little cats being dragged around the property. Of course sending a harness is probably better than having the kids make a collar for the neck. At least a harness will not strangle them.
I've said it before but I really am impressed with how good of a job Sara does with raising her children. I love hearing about the different ways that she deals with and resolves different issues. I only hope that I will one day have the wisdom that she does if I have children.
Brig's leg is a lot better. The swelling is gone and it doesn't hurt him to use it. I have been lunging and riding him again. The wound is still pretty ugly though. Hopefully it will heal well. I'm still cleaning it every day and putting ointment on it. The first day that the swelling was totally gone in his leg Brig somehow managed to get kicked in the face and had a big swollen face. I really don't know how he manages these injuries when he is in a paddock all alone. There are horses beside him and he loves to annoy them and try to play with them. I think that he was probably bugging the mare beside him and biting her legs or something and so she kicked him. The swelling was about half the original size today so I imagine that it will be gone within the next couple of days. I dropped Brig's ripped blanket off today to see if there is any chance that it can be fixed for a reasonable price. I sure hope so. I really want to clip him. He gets so hot and sweaty when I work him and it takes forever for him to dry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home