Sunday, November 05, 2006

What a week/weekend!

Well this weekend wasn't the best one that I've ever had. On Saturday I went and took care of and rode Brig. I was really fortunate that the rain stopped right before we went out to ride. Brig was a bit of a brat though. He did improve throughout the ride and it ended well. Brig wasn't very good on Thursday when I rode either. He bucked once but it was so high that I actually saw his legs (or some part of him) over my right shoulder. I really am glad that his bucks are so smooth and comfortable to ride and that he only ever does one at a time. After I rode yesterday I decided to go for a run. I ran 1km and then felt really sick. It's not unusual for me to feel sick when I run but it usually only happens on hot days. It was quite cool out yesterday so it's strange that I ended up feeling sick. So I walked a bit and then had to turn around and head back as I was only feeling worse. In the evening I went to a movie with one of my friends. We saw 'The Prestige'. It was really good. I think that I'll be thinking about it for a few days still. After the movie we went to the Bread Garden. But I ended up getting a sudden headache and so we didn't stay long. I thought that I could be tough and stick it out but when I saw and felt that my hand was shaking as I tried to drink my water I knew that it wasn't just a normal headache. I wasn't sure if I could actually drive home as the pain was so bad and I felt so sick from it. I made it home but was throwing up within 5 minutes of lying down. It was a rough night. I was pretty sick and throwing up and dry heaving from the migraine. I couldn't tell if I was hot or cold. I had all my blankets on me and I felt like I was hot but I was shivering and would feel like I was freezing immediately after removing any blankets. It was kind of strange as that doesn't usually happen when I have a migraine. I ended up sleeping on the floor until about 7am. Winston slept on the bed until about 4am and then he moved to the floor and slept beside me down there. I find that I dream a lot when I have migraines. Maybe because I wake up so often. I think that the migraine that I had last night was probably one of the worst (if not the worst) that I've ever had. Sometimes I can just sleep through them but not so much last night. I was wishing that there was some way that I could be given a shot of something to take the pain away without having to leave my room. I sometimes hear of people that go to the hospital for migraines but I can't imagine how they could handle that. I could never survive a car ride to the hospital and then the lights and noise once I was there would be more than I could handle. So I stay at home and suffer on my floor with my garbage can beside me. At 7am I phoned my church to tell them that I wouldn't be able to help with Sunday School. I wonder if I'll ever make it there to help. I seem to cancel every time. I dozed off and on until about 11am. I still had a pretty bad headache at that time but I wasn't feeling very sick anymore. At 2:30 I decided that I had better head out to take care of Brig. I didn't get far when I was stuck in traffic. I turned on the radio and heard that a truck had gone off the Pitt River bridge into the river early this morning and that one side of the bridge was closed as they were trying to find the truck. It took about 1hr and 45min to get to the barn (it normally takes about 20-30min). As I was sitting in traffic my battery light started to come on in my car. I started driving with two feet because if I kept it revved up a bit the light would stay off. I also turned off my radio, lights and windshield wipers (until I needed them). I made it to the barn but when I went to leave my car was not as eager to start as usual. I started to drive home and saw that traffic was still backed up a bit so I drove into Pitt Meadows instead. I was pretty sure that my car would not make it if I had to sit in traffic again. I bought a book and some chocolate because I thought that maybe I could wait until the traffic was gone and then try to make it home. Then I phoned my dad to get advice on whether I should drive to Canadian Tire (the only place that I thought might be open on a Sunday evening) or try to drive home. He suggested trying Can Tire. I then phoned Erin to ask her to see if they were still open. They told her that they were open until 6. So I drove to Canadian Tire. My interior lights were not as bright as usual, my signals were not working and I wasn't even sure if my headlights were still working very well but I made it there only to find out that the automotive center had closed at 5. Only the store was open until 6. So there I was stuck in the Canadian Tire parking lot with a mostly dead car. Dad ended up coming to get me. Luckily the traffic wasn't as backed up by that time. We left my car there to be fixed tomorrow. Dad will ride his bike to work and I will take his vehicle. He will drive it home and then pick me up when I get off and we will go pick up my car at that time.
I figure that things should go well from now on though. I usually only get one migraine every year or two or sometimes even three so I should't have to worry about that for a while. I have no more new blankets to get ripped up. He could still totally ruin the one he wears now but it is covered in cayenne so hopefully that will work. I did see him biting at it this evening but most of the cayenne was washed off. I put lots more on tonight before I left. I suppose there are still plenty of things that could go wrong with my car but I'm optimistic that they won't all happen at once. Things could have been much worse than they were too. I could have got my migraine while I was at work or far from home. I would have had to miss work and also probably would not have been able to drive myself home. My car could have actually died today and either blocked traffic (traffic that was already horrendous) or even just have cost me money to get it towed. I am also very lucky to have all my family in the area that I can count on to help me.

1 Comments:

At 2006-11-06, 12:20 p.m., Blogger Team McCropp said...

Way to look on the bright side of things Kristy... that is a rough week, I would have been in tears for sure after all that. I really hope things will turn around for you from now on. Let me know what happens with your car.
-Erin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home