It Snowed!!
My feeling of homesickness for Alberta has slightly subsided this week. I love the snow that we got here. It is cold out but still tolerable. My fingers and toes were pretty cold today while I was riding. But I didn't mind too much. I was just happy that I was able to ride outside without getting soaked. It was such a beautiful day today. The sun was shining all day and the snow was covering everything making it all look so nice. I really do love this weather.
I was able to let Winston out in the yard too. He couldn't really leave because of all the snow.
I am amazed at how quickly the snow plows are out when it snows here in BC. They actually start sanding and salting the roads before the snow even starts. It's really quite funny. While I was shoveling the driveway on Sunday I saw 4 snow plows go down our road. But there wasn't any new snow on the road for them to plow. What really amuses me is that even with all of this snow plowing and salting (they use way more salt and less sand compared to Alberta) there are still tonnes of vehicles that end up in the ditch. I did a lot of driving during and after the snowfall and I really could not understand why I kept seeing cars in the ditches. The roads were not bad at all. Only once did I feel my tires slip at all. I wasn't even driving particularly slow either. Most of the time I was still doing the speed limit. Of course I do have brand new tires on my car. They aren't winter tires but they're probably a lot better than many of the cars out there.
As for an update on Brig. His face is no longer swollen. His leg (hock) is almost better and is healing really well. And he has only ruined one thing this week. I accidently left my sweatshirt within his reach overnight and he ripped a big chunk out of it. Oh, he also has recently learned that he can pull the tops off of the fence posts with his mouth. So, I'm sure it won't be long before the tops are all missing from his paddock.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home