Monday, March 12, 2007

Georgetown, Grand Caymen Islands


There were a couple of 'pirate ship looking' boats sitting on the water when we were at the Grand Caymen Islands. So, I took a couple pictures. I actually don't have many pictures yet from this day. So I'm just putting up what I have even if they're not all that interesting.

This picture was taken where we went snorkeling. The water looked amazing. Better than in the picture. The water here looked nicer than it did in Cozumel but the Cozumel pictures turned out better than these ones did. There was a reef here and the snorkeling was fun but I didn't acutally see many interesting fish or anything. I did follow one cute fish around for quite a while and tried to get some pictures of it but I'm not sure if any of them turned out. We had Lynette's camera with us. She has an underwater case for her digital camera. After we went snorkeling we continued on to another area and hopped into the water again with all our snorkeling gear. This time we were in what they called Stingray City. We were able to swim with and pet and feed the stingrays. It was a lot of fun. Two of the couples from our dinner table also saw the stingrays that day but they went with another company. I think that I would have preferred the way that they did it. They were at a sand bar and so they could stand up in the water. They were able to pick up the stingrays and everything. We could pick up the small ones but it's hard when you're in water that its 10 or 20 feet deep and so you're trying to swim. I guess I could have blown up my lifejacket and then tried but I like the freedom of not using a lifejacket.

At the Grand Caymen Islands there is no port large enough for the cruise ships to dock so we had to travel to the shore using these smaller boats.

This is the view from our porthole at Georgetown, Grand Caymen Islands. Not very exciting here. We were facing the wrong way. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home