Wednesday, April 25, 2007

I'm sometimes a bit amused by my mom and some of the things she does. We grew up with her always telling us not to stand in front of the microwave while it was on. For many years I thought that this was normal but eventually I noticed that not many of my friends or their parents were at all concerned about whether they were standing in front of the microwave. Yet, I still avoid it myself, just in case. My mom also does not like using cell phones. She figures that using them too much will give you cancer. Well, just the other day I was reading a magazine and here is what it says: 'Several studies have linked electromagnetic fields in the home with childhood and adult cancers. Overhead power lines, electronic gadgets, including cell phones, TVs, stereos, and computers, all create electromagnetic fields....'
Of course one of the key words to take note of is 'several studies'. Who knows who did the study or how well done it was but it's still interesting to think about. Maybe my mom is right in being so careful. It certainly can't hurt.

I went to a wedding on Saturday. My friends Andrea and James got married. It was a really nice wedding. Andrea is the girl whose spot I will be moving into in the apartment with Becky.
I'm still worrying a bit about getting all of my stuff out here. I was only given an estimate on the cost so I'm concerned that they are going to get here with all of my stuff and tell me that it weighed more than they estimated and so I owe them $2500 or something crazy like that. What would I do. The company didn't have a great report from the BBB either. I think that the ownership has changed though. I'm going to call the company again and ask some more questions. I really don't see what my other options are though. Anyone with a truch and trailer want an all expense paid trip out to Alberta and back? Or to BC and back?
Since I don't exactly like my job here all this moving stress almost makes me want to just head back to Alberta and find a job there. It's tempting at times but I really don't think that it's the best thing to do right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home