Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Sun Run #2

On Sunday I ran in the Sun Run. It went well. I finished 1 minute faster than last year. But it felt a lot easier. Not only did I not have horribly sore and painful feet but I knew the route a bit from last year and I had someone to run with this year. I went there with my friend and soon to be roommate, Becky, and her friend Karen. We all started the run together but Becky soon pulled ahead of Karen and I. Neither of us wanted to run at Becky's pace so we watched her go. I had never met Karen before but we talked the entire run. We run at the same pace so it was really nice as neither of us felt like we were holding the other back. At the end Karen did end up running ahead of me and she finished 1 minute faster than me. It really made the run go immensly faster to have someone to talk to the whole time. I was pretty sore yesterday and Monday but I'm back to normal today. I going to go try out Ultimate Frisbee tomorrow so I'm glad that I'm not still sore.


I took the day off today so that I could take my dad to the hospital for a colonoscopy. It was really nice to have the day off especially right in the middle of the week. I needed a break this week too. I haven't been going to bed early enough and so I've been overly tired. I tend to be a little more sensitive and emotional when I get too tired. One of the ladies at work critisized me yesterday and made me cry. She doesn't know that she made me cry because I didn't start until after she was gone and I kept it to just having some tears fall for a few minutes. So I was happy to sleep in at least a little bit today so that I won't be so sensitive tomorrow and Friday.



Winston has been causing some problems in the neighbourhood lately. He has been beating up and terrorizing the neighbour's cats. They now look to see if our door is open before allowing their cats outside because they are worried about Winston beating up on their cats again. This is causing me some concern because I will soon be moving and will need to introduce Winston to Bella, Becky's cat. Bella has no claws either so it really wouldn't be nice if Winston came in and started attacking her. So today I bought Winston some 'soft claws'. They go over his regular claws and are glued on with something like super glue or maybe nail glue. I had a bit of trouble finding any in the right size but finally today at the 7th pet store that I tried I managed to find some. I had seen some bright pink ones in a large size during my search and was kind of hoping that I could find some in Winston's size but they only had clear. Lucky for Winston. He doesn't seem to mind them too much. He did pull two off but mostly seems to just leave them alone. They are supposed to last 4-8 weeks but we'll see. He really only needs them for when he meets Bella.



I was planning on flying to Alberta at the end of the month and renting a Uhaul to drive back with all of my stuff that is in storage. I checked out the prices about a month ago and was just waiting to figure out what I wanted to do for sure. Today I tried to book the truck only to find that not only did they not have one available on the day that I wanted but that the prices had gone up $400 as well! How can they do that? I think that I should get into the storage and truck and trailer rental business. They have to be making some good money. So after almost crying when talking to the lady on the phone and having her hold a trailer and reduce the price of it for me by $100 I decided to check out my other options. It turns out that I can have movers go pick up my stuff from storage, drive it out here and bring it into the new place for about the same price as I would now have to pay for Uhaul, even though it is a stupidly high price. So that's the plan and I think that it will be a lot more pleasant than doing it all myself. I don't know how I'll pay for rent and insurance and all the other new expenses as well though. It's going to be a tough transition on me I think. It's a good thing that I don't have a minimum wage job.

Well I'd better get to bed so that I don't end up crying again tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home