Crazy Cat Lady
Well, since my mom has requested an update I will comply. Even though I just saw her on Wednesday and not much has happened since then. But I am good at going on and on about absolutely nothing so here I go.
I have recently joined a half marathon clinic. It was kind of an impulsive thing that occured because I have to much time to just stand and think while I'm at work. I, as well as most of the other girls at work, stand and think about guys all day. It's worse when I'm working with the other girls because we talk all the time on our breaks. So, one day a couple of weeks ago I decided that I needed something else to occupy my mind. I started thinking about the running pamphlets that Becky had left on our table at home. I had read that there was a running clinic starting soon. And that day I decided that I would enter it. So I did. But I really hadn't been running much at all. The occasional relaxed 4km run on flat ground was about it. Well the clinic started two days after my decision to enter. This left me no time to prepare myself for running longer distances. Apparently I was quite nervous about starting the clinic (I had called and been told that the first run would be about 6 or 7km). I didn't think that I was that nervous about it but I ended up being too sick that morning to even go. But I ran 6km on my own later in the day. I then went to the clinic for my first time on the following Monday (we run 3 days a week). I have been to 3 of the days so far and I am really glad that I joined the group. I have missed more days than I've made it to (mostly due to my work schedule) but I've been running on my own on those days. My legs have been permanently sore for the past two weeks since I started but that is to be expected when I've gone from running 4 flat km to 9km with hills in such a short time. I feel good though. And I'm meeting new people. I really like the group. They are all very nice and friendly. There is a group of 4 of us that seem to be about the same speed and so we have ended up running together. At times I start to struggle a bit but I never let them get too far ahead of me. Today I was starting to falter and one of the ladies called back to encourage me. It was really nice as it made me run faster and I soon caught up with them again. It will definitely help me with my speed as well. We tend to run slightly faster than I would on my own but it's not generally an uncomfortable pace for me. Another reason that I'm glad that I joined the clinic is because I started to worry some more this week that I'm really going to turn into a crazy cat lady. I realized that I had not been talking to anyone at work in the past week or so. I had not initiated any conversations and I had even kind of been avoiding them. I started picturing myself sitting at home alone surrounded by cats. My days would be spent at work avoiding all communication with other humans. I would stand in front of a machine all day packing paper products and going crazy because I have too much time to think and then I would come home to hang out with my cats. I don't really think that this will ever happen, especially because I don't like large numbers of cats all in one place, but at the same time it can become too easy for me to not talk to people and to be 'shy' and quiet. So this running clinic gives me more opportunities to talk to people, to start conversations etc.. After my cat lady fears started I also began making myself talk to people at work. I talked to strangers and people that I usually don't talk to and I initiated more conversations than I can remember. We'll see how next week goes though.
Today after my run I came home and made cookies. While I was mixing them the apartment fire alarm went off (not because of me, the oven wasn't even on yet). We are supposed to leave the building when this happens. But Becky said that she never does because it happens somewhat frequently and she's not leaving without her cat and doesn't want to pack her up every time that it happens. So I looked out the peep-hole. The people accross the hall were leaving but I didn't see any smoke or flames. So I stayed in the apartment with the cats. I continued making my cookies but checked the peephole and looked out the windows frequently. The alarm went off for so long that I was starting to get concerned. So I phoned Becky's cell just to check with her and see if it was normal for it to take so long. She didn't answer because her cell was here. I was starting to think of alternate ways of getting myself and the cats out if there really was a fire. Once I figured out a couple of options I turned on the oven and put my cookies in. Eventually the alarm stopped.
Brig is still doing well. I can't see any visible swelling in his leg anymore. I can still feel it but otherwise it looks really good. He has been really well behaved lately. He hasn't destroyed anything in over 5 days now! I think that this might be a record. He's also really getting fat. I have even cut back his hay just a little bit. I'm feeling quite optomistic that I'll be able to start riding him again in December or January. I still want to find a new place to board him. There is a place 2km from our apartment! But the wait list is 2yrs long and I'm not even on it yet. I've e-mailed them a couple of times though to try and get onto it. I should probably start looking around for something else soon. I've kind of been putting it off because most places will end up costing me more money than I'm paying now. But once I start riding I don't want to stay where I am. Actually I'd be happy to leave right away if I could find somewhere better for the same price.
Well, I'm tired of writing a whole lot of nothing about my uneventful life. I was going to go to a movie tonight but I am getting a headache that feels like it has potential to turn into a bad one so I'm going to stay home and watch a movie that Becky bought recently. And yes I'll be sitting at home alone with the two cats.

2 Comments:
All the best to you Kristy in your quest to not become a crazy cat lady. ha ha. You are so funny.
Thanks Kristy. You can always make me smile. Just 2 more months before we kick you in the butt to get a different job. Have you looked anymore into fork lift driving?
Post a Comment
<< Home