Saturday, August 25, 2007

Evan





Yesterday I took the day off of work to babysit Evan. Erin's friend Robin was getting married and Erin was a bridesmaid and Brian was attending the wedding, so they needed a babysitter. I was quite happy to do it. Evan and I had a great day together. I forgot to take my camera so I just took a couple of pictures with my phone. That is why the quality is kind of poor. He looks so cute in these pictures because we had just come back from the park. It was really hot out and Evan's hair had gotten sweaty under his hat so that when I took it off it was all curly. When we got back he wanted to do some work fixing the bikes downstairs. I'm sure that he's seen his dad working on the bikes many times and so he is copying what he sees Brian do. We had a lot of fun playing with toys, reading books, eating, walking to the park (and taking a long way back just because it was so nice out and it seemed a shame to go inside), giving Evan a bath, and rough-housing. I stayed overnight at their place since Erin and Brian would be out late and I had to be up early. When I went to leave Evan started to whine like he might be thinking about crying. I'm not sure if he didn't want me to leave or if he just wanted to go outside. But it makes me feel special to think that he just didn't want me to go. After I gave him a hug and tried to pass him back to Erin he would kind of hang on to me a little harder. It was so sweet.
Evan really is a good little boy. He's so easy to take care of. Erin and Brian have obviously been doing a great job.

2 Comments:

At 2007-08-27, 5:53 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww! What a lucky Auntie...cute pictures too.

 
At 2007-08-28, 8:14 p.m., Blogger Team McCropp said...

As they say, it takes a village to raise a child. So, you can take some of the credit for what a good kid he is. He is so lucky to have you for an aunt and he really was sad to see you leave that morning.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home