Sunday, April 16, 2006

Waiting for Godot

I had a fairly relaxing day today. I didn't go for a run again. Hopefully tomorrow I will force myself to go. In the morning I went to visit a friend of mine that lives out by Chilliwack. I saw the house that she is moving into and then we watched a movie. We had thought that we might go riding while I was there but neither of us really felt like it. The weather was decent enough though that we could have. After I left my friend's house I went to go see my horse. By the time I got to him it was starting to rain and by the time I tacked him up it was raining hard. I decided to ride anyway but I made it a quick one. Brig was really good and didn't seem to mind the rain too much. There is a tree whose branches cover the riding arena in one corner. It really made a difference as to how wet we got around the rest of the ring compared to where this tree was. I noticed it because every time we were in that corner of the ring Brig would really slow down and try to stop. But after a few rounds he seemed to realize that I was going to make him keep going despite the fact that there was a dry area that we could stand in and so he continued on through the rain. Poor horse, nobody in Alberta would ever make him be ridden in the rain. At least out there you know that it probably won't be raining the next day.
I went to a play with my dad tonight. I don't want to sound too negative but it was probably the worst play that I've ever been to. It was called Waiting for Godot. And that is what they were doing. Of course Godot never did appear. It was an incredibly boring play and there really did not seem to be any plot at all. I had a lot of trouble staying awake. So, if you ever have a chance to see it, don't. It's not worth your time and it's definitely not worth your money.

1 Comments:

At 2006-04-16, 9:53 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gerri enjoyed viewing your blog, she felt as though she was there with us at Easter
-Bev

 

Post a Comment

<< Home