Wednesday, May 10, 2006

I keep thinking that I need to make sure that I put up posts regularly for those people who check my blog regularly. I know how much I like it when the blogs I check have new entries. The problem is not much is new with me and I haven't taken any pictures lately so I don't know what to write.
I've mostly just been working and riding. Brig is still doing great. I've started doing a bit of jumping with him. Just small ones for now but it's been fun. I'll try to get some pictures or video of us jumping soon.
On Monday I went for a second ART (active release technique) appointment for my sore feet. After the first appointment I have not had any more trouble with my right foot and my calves have not been sore since either. When ART works it really seems to work well. My left foot on the other hand is not completely better. It has improved a lot though. I have been taking it easy with the running since the sun run so that might be why the left one is better. But no matter what I'm glad that I went for the ART treatments because of the improvement to my right foot and calves.
I am going to be house sitting this weekend at the place where I keep Brig. They are going away for a few days and they are taking their ponies with them. I am going to stay at their place to take care of Brig, the dog and the cats.
I hope that my dad doesn't mind me putting this on my blog. Today while I was at work one of the ladies that works there came and found me and told me that she had just taken my dad to the hospital. He fell off his bike on the way to work and has no memory of the fall or of getting back on his bike and getting to work. They took at CT scan at the hospital and I guess everything looked okay. So the prognosis is that he has a mild concussion (and he was wearing a helmet, must have been quite the fall). He also has a few bruises and scrapes. Kind of wierd and scary though that he has no memory of anything happening. One of the guys at work came up to me and told me that I should run over dad's bike when I got home tonight so that he can't ride it to work anymore. He also mentioned that it's not keeping him healthy. With the frequency that dad falls off his bike or has close calls with cars I'm thinking that maybe he should stop riding to work and instead find times when the traffic is not so heavy to ride. I'm sure that there are other areas that would be safer to ride as well.
Tomorrow I'm heading out to Langley and Cloverdale to go to some tack stores. My jumping saddle doesn't fit Brig properly so I need to get a different tree put in it. Most saddles don't have an adjustable tree but this one that dad got me for Christmas does. Hopefully we will be able to figure out which one Brig needs so that I don't have to keep going back. I'm also hoping to do a bit of clothes shopping tomorrow and then go see Erin and Evan. I will try to remember to take my camera so that I can add some more Evan pictures to my blog. I am hoping to finish my taxes tomorrow too while I'm at Erin's. I know I should have them done by now, but I don't owe anything so I'm not too worried about it. I've been almost finished for weeks but every time I try to totally finish them I find that I need something else that I didn't bring from home.
Well, once again I have written quite a bit for someone who has nothing new and nothing to say.

2 Comments:

At 2006-05-11, 10:44 a.m., Blogger Team McCropp said...

Wow, I didn't know about Dad! I read that at 3 in the morning and I felt kind of sick about it. I think he should stop riding to work too. There have been way too many accidents and close calls. Brian has been riding for longer than Dad and he has never had an accident (knock on wood). It is probably just too busy of a route that he takes to work.
Evan and I are looking forward to seeing you today.

 
At 2006-05-11, 11:28 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree about the riding. It's not worth your life. Doesn't he get it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home