Monday, December 11, 2006

Injured at work

Last night I burned one of my fingers and a thumb at work. One of the machines was not working properly so I went to fix the problem. I had to remove some paper that was stuck. But the paper had hot glue on it and when I grabbed it to throw it away the glue got onto my hands and burned me. I couldn't get it off right away because it was too hot and soft. So by the time it had dried enough to remove it my thumb and finger were pretty painful. I went to put ice on it as soon as I could. I didn't want to go to first aid because I'd heard about the forms that you have to fill out and what a hassle it is. But when one of the other ladies saw that I'd burnt my fingers she told me that I should go have them look at it. All the guy did was make me keep ice on it and then he covered the spots with bandages to protect them. I kept icing them for a long time afterwards too. It really was very painful if I took the ice off for very long. The one finger really isn't bad at all but my thumb is pretty sore. There's a big blister on it. The night went a lot faster though because of the burn. Not only did the pain and icing keep me awake and busier but I had to help fill out forms about what happened, why and how to prevent it from happening again. It actually took up quite a bit of time to get it all done. And all for a simple little burn that really isn't a big deal and would have been just fine with me icing it.
I was thinking last night about my car key breaking off and realized that it is probably unusual for someone to actually have an extra door key on their key chain. I have a key chain that comes apart so that you can start the car and leave it running with one key and detach the other half of the key chain that has the other key. Probably most people in BC don't have this because it doesn't usually get so cold that you need to let your car warm up for a long time. But I still do things kind of like when I was in Alberta and so I had two keys on my key chain.

1 Comments:

At 2006-12-11, 11:06 p.m., Blogger Team McCropp said...

Now I get it! I couldn't figure out how you got in the passenger side if your key broke off in the door. Sorry to hear about the burn... hopefully it feels better tonight.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home