I'm back.
Yes, it's been awhile since I've posted. I've had a couple of people comment to me on how long it's been so I thought that I'd better put something up here. I was quite busy before Christmas between work, Brig, going on dates, christmas parties, shopping etc.. Mostly I just haven't felt like blogging though. I have been off work from the morning of Dec. 21 until tomorrow. My Christmas was good. I was expecting to be on my own here for Christmas Eve and Christmas morning but my dad ended up coming back from Vancouver Island early and was here with me. He came to church with me Christmas Eve and he also came with me to feed and turn out all the horses at the barn on Christmas morning. I had offered to do it since I thought that I'd be on my own. I figured that everyone else would be busy and so it was a great opportunity for me to do it. When we got back home Dad made some banana pancakes and after breakfast we exchanged our gifts. Later Christmas day I drove to Langley and picked up my Grandma and we headed to my mom's place for dinner. Erin, Brian and Evan were there as well as Mom and Richard and one of Richard's sons. On Boxing day I went over to Erin and Brian's place. My dad and Grandma Mc were there too. On the 27th I spent most of the day shopping. I needed to buy a new dress for New Years. I ended up buying a lot more than just a new dress. But the deals really were good and it was so much fun. I didn't think that I enjoyed boxing week shopping but I have definitely changed my mind. I spent the afternoon shopping on my own and later in the evening Erin and Evan came back with me to help me with my dress decision as well as to help me buy accessories. We were quite successful and I don't think that I could have done it without Erin's help. She is much better at accessorizing than I am.
On Dec. 28 I was up early and headed to the airport (dad drove me) to catch a flight to Calgary. I had a great time there. My camera broke early on though so I have no pictures to post at this time. Check out the link to Sara's blog though to see some of what we did while I was there. On Dec. 31st John and Sara (and kids) dropped me off at Michelle's place in Red Deer. They were continuing on to John's brother's place in Blackfalds (20 min north). Michelle, Lynette (Michelle's sister) and I went to an Emergency Service Gala for New Year's Eve. It was fun getting all dressed up but the actual event wasn't too exciting. I still enjoyed hanging out with Michelle and Lynette and getting to know Lynette better. She is the one that is getting us on the cruise for really cheap. We are almost definitely leaving for the cruise at the end of Feb. I am very excited. It sounds like it's going to be tonnes of fun.
John and Sara picked me up from Michelle's on Jan.1 to take me back to the Calgary airport. We had travelled in the motorhome up to Red Deer/Blackfalds. When John first mentioned that that was the plan I wasn't at all concerned. But shortly before we left Sara remembered that the motorhome stinks of mothballs. When she told me I was not very happy. I was supposed to be going to a gala that night. But I had time to shower again at Michelle's and get ready so it wasn't a big deal. Michelle did agree that I stunk of mothballs when I arrived and that I really did need to shower. Luckily the smell did not permeate into my clothes that were in my suitcases. So the first trip in the motorhome was okay despite the fact that it was really cold and stinky. But I was quite worried about the next day. We were going straight from Red Deer to the airport. I really didn't want to have to stink of mothballs while sitting right next to other people on the plane. Yuck. I put a change of clothes in my carry-on and changed at the airport. I was still worried that the smell would be in my hair and on my skin but I hoped that it wouldn't be noticeable. I ended up getting a middle seat too. But neither person seemed to notice anything. They both seemed quit nice and friendly to me. When my dad picked me up he didn't smell anything either. I guess the changing worked. My friend Becky was hoping to get a ride back from the airport with us. She was supposed to get in at 11am and was going to wait around until I arrived at 2:30pm. My plane ended up being a half hour late but Becky's was even later. She didn't arrive until 4:45pm. She was very surprised and relieved to see that we had waited for her. She even started to cry. Luckily for me she got herself back under control quickly because I was just starting to feel teary as she was recovering. Ah, the joy of being female!
I've been enjoying my past couple of days back home especially since I've not had to work yet. While I was gone Brig broke one water bucket, ripped one blanket and lost 2 clips for a bucket and one bungee cord. I've had plenty of time to buy new buckets and re-apply cayenne pepper to his buckets and blanket. I also started tanning today to prepare for my trip. I don't want to get dark but just want to make sure that I won't burn while I'm away. Jen and I started running again today. With being busy in December and having a never-ending cold I had not run in about 1 - 1.5 months! Jen and I both want to do the Sun Run again this year so we are going to start training for that. I want to be better prepared than I was last year. I think that I will be as I felt pretty good today. We are going running again tomorrow. I am also starting a diet tomorrow so that I will be comfortable wearing a bathing suit while on the cruise. I can't wait to be thinner again.
Well, I will try to get pictures up here when I can. We don't have a card reader thing on this computer so I can't post pictures until Michelle and Lynette send me their's or until my camera is fixed. But I do recommend checking out the videos that Sara and I put up on her blog they are quite funny.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home