Monday, April 21, 2008

The Evan Section of my blogging

After I returned from Alberta I saw Evan every day for almost a week. Erin and I took him to the fair one evening and then Erin, Brian, Evan and I went back a couple days later again. The first time Evan just went on the train and carousel. The second time he went on the train all by himself. Doesn't he look old and mature. He's sooo cute. I'm glad that I was able to go to the fair with them and experience Evan's first fair with him. He really seemed to enjoy it.
I also was able to babysit Evan a couple of times. The day really goes by quite fast. I find that I have to keep an eye on the clock so that we can get everything done that I hope to do. I always try to take him to the park. Partly so that I get a small amount of exercise in and also just to get us both out of the house when the weather is warm. Evan would be perfectly happy staying inside all day and playing cars but he seems to enjoy our trips to the park once I convince him to leave the house with the toy cars inside. I know that he doesn't look very happy sitting in the wagon but I think that he was. He must have just been thinking about something.

 
 
 
 

I've been thinking a lot lately about my life and what I want and what makes me happy. My job is not exactly fullfilling so I want to make sure that the rest of my life is. I'm not saying that it isn't fullfilling now but I just want to enjoy all that I can. I love my time with horses and I always want them to be a part of my life. I'm hoping to make it a bigger part than it is now but it doesn't need to be my main job. I might just try to add one horse to train on the side.
I also love my time with people. This is a bit more difficult for me because I find it harder to make time. Schedules need to be organized, things need to be planned. And then there are sometimes insecurities and other issues that make me not take the initiative in relationships that I know that I should. But I'm trying to stay aware of myself and others and to do what I can and continue to learn and improve. I find children to be easier most of the time. I love children of all ages and I find that I really have a heart for children. I've said many times that I love my time helping with kids church, spending time with Evan, Sara's kids, and the kids from the last barn. It's so easy to love children. I was at a Volunteer thing tonight and I kept thinking about the areas that I would like to help in and it was always with kids. I kept thinking about the kids from the barn and wishing that I could do more with them. One of the girls in particular has really captured my heart. She's 13 and such a great kid. I don't think that her home life is the best and I keep hoping that I can somehow counteract that. I was worried when I moved Brig that I would lose touch with the kids but this one girl calls me about once every week or two just to talk. I love it. I plan to keep visiting them occasionally and will probably see them at some of the horse shows. I'll probably do some other things with them as well but I just have to think of what. Playland for sure again this year. That was fun.
I recently put my name in for the union department rep for my floor at work and I was voted into the position. I am hoping that it will be a good learning experience for me and that it will provide me with more opportunities in the future. I realize that it may seem strange for me to go for a union position but someone at work mentioned that they thought that I'd be a good person for the job and asked me if I was interested. I thought about it and decided that maybe it would be good for me. I tend to be anti-union but I am honest and fair and so any input that I have should be beneficial to both sides. I don't really know what the position entails but I should find out more soon.
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home