Three Hills and Calgary
My time in Three Hills was also very enjoyable. We walked to the horses almost every day. Sometimes with the kids and sometimes without. It was much less stressful without the kids. It really is difficult to keep them all together and off of the middle of the road where they could get hit by cars.
Sara and I made jam while I was there. It was the first time that either of us had tried it. We made strawberry/banana, raspberry and mixed berry. Read Sara and John's blog for more on that adventure.
On my last day Sara, Sierra and I had a girly day. Sierra skipped school and the three of us got manicures, pedicures and Sierra got her hair curled. It was a fun day. I don't think that I really like manicures or pedicures though. This was the second time that I have had either one and I think that I will give it one more try at a fancier spa and if I still don't enjoy it then that will be it. I do like how they painted my toenails but that is about all that I enjoyed of the experience. I was impressed with Sierra though. While I complained about the roughness of the things they used on my feet she just sat and didn't seem to mind. And it didn't look like they were much gentler with her than with me.
Despite the discomfort of the treatments it was still nice spending the day with Sara and Sierra and doing girly things. I did love the appearance of the end result. My toenails still look good too.
Oh, I got a massage the day before as well. It was also somewhat painful but it was a good pain.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home