Sunday, June 01, 2008

I had a riding lesson on Brig on Thursday. It was with a new instructor. I was really excited for it and kind of nervous because I wanted to do well. I have confidence that this instructor is a good one but I didn't enjoy the lesson as much as I was expecting to. I've had the same response to lessons in the past though so I expect that once I get to know her and she gets to know Brig and I things will be better. The lesson kind of left me feeling discouraged and insecure about my riding. I think that I'll try to set another one up tomorrow or Wednesday in hopes that once I learn more, things will make more sense and get easier.
I was talking to my supervisor at work this week. He knows that I have an interest in possibly getting into management some day. He mentioned that he would say something to his boss about me as there may be a relief supervisor position coming up soon.
In Sunday School today one of the girls asked me how old I was. When I told her she said 'You're just little.' Kind of funny to hear coming out of the mouth of an 8 year old. She then told me that her mom is 42. I'm sure her mom would be happy to know that her daughter is randomly telling people her age.
One of the things that I really love about being around all the children that I am around is to hear about their family dynamics. I don't want to know things just to be nosy but because I like to see how things affect the children. How they feel about and respond to things. A few weeks ago one of the gr2 girls was talking about how she thinks that her dad is a jerk. From what I could tell her mother didn't seem to discourage her from feeling this way. The funny thing is that when she talked about why he was a jerk it was all about the things that he wouldn't let her do, like eat junk food or climb on things that were potentially dangerous. Last night I was talking to a couple of the young girls from the last barn that I was at. The 12yr old was mentioning that her mom has a new boyfriend. Her mom keeps saying that they are just friends but she said that she knows that he's her boyfriend because he sleeps there all the time. It makes me wonder what the mom is thinking and why she bothers lying to her kids about it. Chances are that they will only follow in her footsteps.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home