Thursday, May 18, 2006

Another long post.

So who is more creepy the guy who buries a body/compost in the ravine behind his house or the girl who takes pictures and video of him doing this?
I may get to meet the murderer on Saturday at the BBQ. I suspect that he will be there. He seems to have fooled my other neighboor into thinking that he's a good guy. He is going to fix the brakes on her car for her. She also says that he works in construction and that he's very active. It is probably easier for him to overpower and kill his victims if he stays in shape. I'll keep you guys updated on what I find out.
My work shifts have been cancelled the past two days. Yesterday they found somewhere else for me to work but today I have the day off. I don't really mind since it's so nice outside. My wrist was really sore all day on Tuesday so I was glad that they moved me to another area yesterday. It is probably good for my wrists to have a wider variety of jobs. The job I was doing yesterday leaves me with bruises all over my arms. I am glad that they didn't put me there today. One day is okay but after two the bruises get pretty sore. They made me a stool to stand on to try to make it better for me but I think that it's just the job. One of the guys that I talked to said that he would get bruises on his arms too, so it's not just me.
I have been outside walking most of the day today. I had an appointment this morning that I ran to. I had planned to walk but didn't really leave myself enough time. It was almost 10:10 by the time I got my shoes on. I decided that I'd better grab my watch so that I knew how fast I had to walk or if I would need to run. So, I grabbed it and noticed that I still had to lock the back door. By the time I got back downstairs I couldn't find where I put my watch. I ran back around the house twice before finally just grabbing my cell phone (it shows the time) and then leaving. As I was walking away from the house I saw my watch, on my wrist. Duh! I had planned to put it in my pocket so that my watch tan wouldn't get worse but must have automatically put it on my wrist instead. I think that I may have even looked at it once while I was searching for it to see how much time I had left to get to my appointment. Definitely a stupid moment. So by the time I did all this I only had 15 minutes to get to my appt 9 blocks away. So I ran most of the way and made it with 3 minutes to spare. With all the time I've been spending outdoors in the beautiful weather lately I've had time to observe all the people that I pass. I find it interesting how different everyone is depending on the circumstances. Last weekend in Maple Ridge I noticed that there are a lot of old people, mentally handicapped people and homeless (or people that have that look about them) people in the area that I was walking. The old people were not very friendly and just walked past me without looking at me and they appeared grumpy. The homeless type and mentally handicapped ones would look at me but wouldn't smile or say hi. I try to make eye contact and smile at everyone that I pass so I really notice it when they do not do the same. Yesterday Jen and I went for a run on the dykes in Maple Ridge and every single person (except one I think) that we passed smiled and said hi. I was shocked. It was nice though. Why is it so different if you are on the dykes than if you are walking down the street. Is it because you are all out getting exercise and being active and so you have something in common and a reason to be friendly? Is it because you then assume that the other people are normal and safe to talk to because creepy, weird people that you would normally avoid would not spend their time exercising outdoors, they are the ones that walk down the street? Well little do they know I am creepy (I don't really think that I'm creepy but I can understand that others may wonder about and think such things). I take pictures of my unsuspecting murdering neighboor. Now today as I was running and walking I did not pass a large number of people but the first man that I passed actually encouraged me with my running. He was an older man that walked with a cane and he told me to keep it up or something along those lines. Little did he know I had no choice I was not running to be active but to make it to my appointment. Anyway I thought that it was cute and nice that he would say something. I passed a few people that did the usual look down and don't make eye contact thing. But overall I think that more people actually made eye contact and smiled today than those that looked down or away. One girl that I passed kind of smiled and at first I thought that it was a smile kind of between fellow MP3 player listeners as we were both listening to ours. But then I realized that probably it was a smile that said. "She's dressed normally and her hair is done and she looks normal but what was she thinking when she put on those shoes?" You seen this morning I just wore my runners but the next time I went out (to go to the bank and library) I decided that my runners didn't really match and I should wear something different. Well, sandals were the best choice but due to the persistent pain in my left foot I cannot wear anything without arch support for any length of time. So I wore my brown shoes. But when I saw myself in a store window I realized that they really did not work well with my outfit. So I think that that is what the strange smile was really about.
I have a theory about why my foot is still sore. Last summer a horse stepped (actually stomped) on my left foot just behind the big toe. It has never stopped hurting since. I keep thinking that maybe it's getting better because it sometimes gets itchy like it's healing but it never really seems to improve and sometimes it hurts more than others (Like anytime I wear my work shoes). I read an article recently about plantar faciitis and how it is related to the flexability of your big toe. Well I don't have plantar faciitis but it is the same type of thing so I thought that maybe it is this old injury that is causing the problem with the bottom of my foot. It does hurt the old injured area if I move my big toe. Any smart medical type people out there that have any ideas? I think that the next time I go to a doctor I might ask them about it. I never did go to a doctor when it happened because I didn't figure that they could do anything for me and I figured it was likely just badly bruised anyway. If I had actually broke my foot would they have to rebreak it and put a cast on? If that is the case I don't want to go to a doctor until the fall. I don't want a cast on at this time of the year. I think that it's unlikely that I broke it though because I don't think that I'm that tough to not know if my foot was broken. I'm probably just being a wimp now.
Well I think that I am going to go sit outside with Winston and read for a while, and watch for the neighboors to come home (just kidding about the neighboors). Then I will either go rollerblading if I can find someone to go with me or I might go ride. It is so hot though that I don't feel like riding.

3 Comments:

At 2006-05-18, 3:31 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa! That was some ramble!

 
At 2006-05-18, 3:43 p.m., Blogger Kristy said...

Yes, well Erin says she loves reading my posts so everyone else will have to suffer for my rambling on about nothing from now on. You can blame her.

 
At 2006-05-20, 12:27 p.m., Blogger Team McCropp said...

Thanks Kristy, that was possibly the best one yet. I laughed out loud several times. Keep it up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home