Friday, April 21, 2006

I am done my week of night shifts!! I'm so glad to be done. They went well but I still really don't enjoy them. My body knows that it's supposed to sleep at night and be awake during the day and that's what it wants to do. Even though I slept for 8hrs yesterday and only woke up once I was still tired at work last night/this morning. During my break at 3:30 I was dozing off. I almost didn't get back to my work station in time. I find that if I eat on my breaks it's easier to stay awake but I don't want to get fat so that I can stay awake. I also find that as the night goes on I talk less and smile less. I'm not necessarily grumpy but I just don't feel like I have the energy to talk or smile. Of course there aren't many people around on that shift to talk to or smile at so it doesn't really matter and I doubt that anyone notices.
I will be working afternoons next week. I have been very fortunate that I keep getting regular schedules. Some people get put on different shifts in the same week. I also work with a lady who is very nice. Some are not as nice and easy to work with. Because I've been getting regular schedules I also don't have to worry about getting called into work with little notice. If I'm getting 40hrs per week they will call someone else to come in if someone is needed.
Last night before work I went for a run with my friend Jen. We ran about 10km. There was only one hill and it sure made it easier than my 8km run with lots of hills. We both felt really good on the run and I'm feeling like maybe I will be able to do the Sun Run now. I'm sure that I won't beat either of my last year's 10km times but I didn't have to try to run in a group of 50 000 people in those runs either.
I've still been thinking more about my cars and insurance and inspections and I have a few more things to say. I always try to spread the word if I'm happy and impressed with a service or if I'm disappointed in the service I've received. So, here I am trying to spread the word that people should not take their cars to Cruisin' Auto Repairs in Red Deer. I took my car there a couple times this past summer and was not very happy with the service I received. I had more problems when I got my car back than when I took it in. They also told me that I needed a new tie rod end on the right side. When I got here to BC my dad checked it and said it looked fine. I believed my dad but since he's not a mechanic there was a bit of doubt in my head. But the other day when I got the inspection done they also did not find anything wrong with the tie rod end. I even asked him about it and he said it's fine. So, apparently Cruisin' Auto was trying to rip me off. I'm sure glad that I didn't get them to replace it. Since I've just tried to ruin a car repair shop's reputation I think that I should try to help another. So the place in Red Deer that I have consistently been extremely impressed with is Associated Repairs. They tell me what needs to be fixed, the cheapest way to do it, how long I can go without fixing something, how important it is to fix something, they explain everything to me... They really are great. The only problem is that they mostly fix cabs so they are often too busy to take in other cars, as was the reason that I took my car to Cruisin' this summer. So far, I also like the place that I took my car here the other day. They seem like honest and helpful people. Too honest in fact since they won't pass my toyota inspection due to a hardly noticeable but long crack in the windshield. A friend of mine recommended the place, although a friend recommended Cruisin' too, so I don't know if that means anything.
Well, I'd better go get some sleep. I think that I will set my alarm so that I don't sleep too long. I want to be able to sleep tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home