Stupid Cars and Insurance Companies
Well, the night shifts are going okay. I don't love them and I can't wait to be done but they haven't been too bad. The first day I slept about 6 hrs, then yesterday I slept 8!! But today I woke up at 11:30 after only 4 hrs of sleep. So, tonight might be a tough one. Hopefully I will sleep longer tomorrow. I did get lots done with my day today though. I went for a massage, to prepare myself for the sun run. My right foot has been very painful since that long hilly run that I did and it has made it difficult to run since. So, hopefully the massage has fixed whatever the problem was. In the past two days I have taken both of my cars in to get insurance inspections done. I was told by an insurance place that even though both my cars have damage to the windshield I would still be able to insure them. They said that they would just have to make a note of it so that I don't try to claim a new windshield after switching my insurance over. So, I decided to fork out the money to get the inspections done since I figured that both cars would pass otherwise. But apparently I was told wrong. The inspector cannot pass it with damage to the windshield and the insurance company cannot insure it without a pass. So, I basically just threw away $150 by getting the pontiac inspected. I'm not going to spend $500 to get a new windshield in a car that I'd be happy to sell for $500. I'm really annoyed with the insurance place that they gave me the wrong info. I was surprised when she had told me that I would be able to insure it and so I had asked lots of questions to verify that I was understanding her correctly. I should have made her put it in writing or something. I went back to the place and complained but there is nothing that they can or will do about it. The place that I took my car to for the inspection suggested that I just sell the pontiac for $200-300 for parts. I will have to get a new windshield in the toyota but he can probably help me get one for about $350. Good thing I just got a high paying job! I guess student loan payments will have to wait until next month.
Well, I feel a bit better now that I've got some of my complaining out of my system.
That is about all that I did today, other than make phone calls but it felt like I got a lot done. Tomorrow I plan to ride Brig, he's had a few days off, and I think that I'm going for a run.
Only 2 more night shifts to go!

3 Comments:
Yeah, insurance companies are a pain in the butt -- always unhelpful and just wanting your money. I hope it all works out for you.
Anyway, good luck in the marathon on Sunday! You're so ambitious - I don't know if I could ever run a marathon!
I checked out your sister's blog the other day. The pictures of Evan are so cute. Her birthing story sounds just terrible though! I'm glad everyone came through it ok.
I leave for Florida on Saturday, so hopefully we can talk when I get back. Have a great weekend!
A.
It's not actually a marathon. Just 10km. I don't know if I could ever run a marathon either. I would like to run a half marathon some day though. Have fun in Florida.
I am enjoying your blog immensely. The video was great of Brig. Makes me want to get grandma set up with a computer, she would enjoy this so much! I would love to bring Daniel and Morgan out to M.R. to visit Brig in June.
Bev
Post a Comment
<< Home